The AD-S8T from QSC’s AcousticDesign series is a small-format, two-way surface-mount loudspeaker. It’s ideal in foreground and background sound reinforcement situations utilizing 70/100V or 16Ω bypass configurations. The AD-C4T features a high-quality 8" weather-treated paper cone woofer with a 2" voice coil, while a 1” exit, 1.4” compression driver perfectly matches the sensitivity and performance of the woofer for outstanding full-range reproduction. Among its many features, Intrinsic Correction™ voicings can be deployed to optimize installation and performance.
Achieve coherent transition between transducers with Directivity Matched Transition™ (DMT), QSC’s design philosophy where the high-frequency waveguide is matched to the natural conical behavior of the woofer at the crossover point. DMT’s improved off-axis power response results in consistent 105° conical coverage.
Maintain an accurate frequency response even in 70/100V applications. The AD-S8T’s 60W low-loss, low-saturation transformer offers selectable taps (including 8Ω bypass) and incorporates a rotary selector on the back of the enclosure, which is protected from the elements by a weather grommet. In addition to rugged ABS enclosures characteristic of AcousticDesign speakers, surface-mount models boast sealed input panel covers and weather-resistant powder-coated aluminum grilles, allowing them to exceed IEC60529 IP-54 ratings for dust and splash resistance.
Install your speaker safely, securely, and swiftly. Each AcousticDesign model comes with the award-winning X-Mount™ system for simple and easy wall or ceiling installation in either horizontal or vertical orientations. The pivot planes feature knurled surfaces to prevent drifting or sagging over time, while articulation marks allow you to preconfigure the mounting system on the ground—without requiring special tools. The AD-S8T also includes M10 fittings for optional yoke mount (YMS8T) or shoulder eyebolt (M10 Kit-C) accessories for installation versatility (optional accessories sold separately).
AcousticDesign speakers are free of obtrusive branding. They’re available in black or white, as well as paintable to match any décor.
More about QSC’s AcousticDesign Series
Easy installation, flexible mounting options, and rugged, high-weather resistance are just three of the features that set QSC’s AcousticDesign™ series apart. These premium loudspeakers are designed to give contractors and integrators versatile, reliable solutions for permanent sound installations. Unified by premium audio quality and consistent tonal characteristics this series is comprised of ceiling, surface, and pendant alternatives ideal for environments where you need the perfect combination of performance, coverage, and aesthetic appeal.
QSC AD-S8T Features
- 8" weather treated woofer; 1.4" compression driver
- 105° Axisymmetric (conical) coverage
- 60 watt low-saturation and low-loss 70/100V transformers with 8O bypass
- Maximum peak SPL 119 dB (8O bypass)
- DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures smooth, uniform frequency response over the coverage area
- X-Mount™ system enables the loudspeaker to be easily installed and deployed at a variety of angles with no slippage over time
- Optional Yoke mount and M10 Kit-C for additional installation versatility
- Advanced voicing filter sets using QSC Intrinsic Correction™, available through either Q-Sys processing or CXD amplifier platforms
- Lightweight ABS enclosures offer long-term durability and lasting good looks
- Sealed input panel cover and powder coated aluminum grilles for added weather resistance
- Meets IEC60529 IP-54 for dust and splash resistance
- AD-S8T Surface Mount Speaker1
- X-Mount mounting system1
- Euroblock connector1
- Input panel cover1
- Effective frequency range: 55 Hz - 20 kHz
- Rated noise power / voltage: 200 watts / 40 volts (rms)
- Broadband sensitivity: 90 dB SPL
- Coverage angle (-6 dB): 105° conical DMT™
- Directivity factor (Q): 7
- Directivity Index: 9 dB
- Maximum continuous SPL: 113 dB
- Maximum peak SPL: 119 dB
- Rated impedance: 8 ohms
- Recommended amplifier power (loudspeaker "program" power): 400 watts
- Transformer taps
- 70 V: 60, 30, 15, 7.5 W and 8Ω bypass
- 100V: 60, 30, 15 W and 8Ω bypass
- HF transducer: 1-inch exit / 1.4-inch voice coil compression driver
- LF transducer:
- 8-inch weather resistant paper cone woofer
- 2-inch / 51 mm voice coil
- Input connector typeEuroblock connector with parallel output terminals
- Enclosure Details
- Enclosure material: Painted ABS polymer
- Grille material: Powder-coated aluminum
- X-Mount material: Powder-coated aluminum
- Ingress protection: IP-54
- Operating environment: Designed for indoor and outdoor use
- Net weight: 24.1 lbs (11 kg)
- Product dimensions (H x W x D): 17.3 × 10 × 9.9 inches (440 × 254 × 251 mm)
- Shipping weight: 32.1 lbs (14.5 kg)
- Shipping dimensions (H x W x D): 24.3 × 13.8 × 13.8 inches (729 × 351 × 351 mm)
- The AD Series loudspeakers qualified for outdoor use using the following tests:
- Salt fog: MIL-STD-810G Method 509.5 for 100 hrs.
- Humidity: MIL-STD-810G Method 507.5, Natural cycle B2, cyclic high RH for 7 days
- High and low temperature: tested to QSC internal standards between -20° and 50° C