The MP-A20V from QSC is a 2-Channel 200W 70/100V Power Amplifier. Part of the MP-A Power Amplifier series, the MP-A20V is ideal for permanent installations in applications such as business music and paging systems.
More about QSC’s MP-A Power Amplifiers
The MP-A series of music and paging amplifier family builds on the QSC legacy for dependability and quality while offering enhanced flexibility and efficiency for business music and paging applications.
A primary feature of MP-A models is their FlexAmp Technology. FlexAmp streamlines system design, allowing a single high channel count amplifier to do the work that would otherwise require multiple amps at different power levels to achieve the same result. Simply configure each pair of channels (e.g. 1-2, or 3-4, etc.) to deliver up to 400 W combined output power, in any mix. Set up the amp to work simultaneously with ceiling loudspeakers in separate rooms—while meeting different power requirements for both. An output mode switch offering settings for 4 Ω, 8 Ω, 70 V, and 100 V enhances this feature of flexibility.
MP-A models boast efficient class-D output circuitry and switchmode power supplies. Standby mode automatically engages when the sound system is not in use for 28 minutes, while an auto-ramp circuitry allows the system to power up quickly and quietly when signals start up again. This energy-saving design allows for efficient performance and lowers operational costs.
Additional features of MP-A amps include an 80 Hz highpass filter on each output, a remote input for putting the amplifier into standby mode (ideal for fire safety systems), and an amplifier status signal on the remote output for system verification. Packed into a 1RU chassis, each model is easy to incorporate into cramped installation spaces.
QSC MP-A20V Features
- FlexAmp Technology allows each pair of amplifier channels to deliver up to 400W total power, in any ratio
- Class-D output circuitry and switchmode power supply for high efficiency and low cost
- 1RU amplifier design for rack space savings
- Load selector for driving 4Ω, 8Ω, 70V or 100V on each channel
- Selectable 80Hz highpass filter offered on each channel
- Power-saving features include auto-standby and remote standby input
- Amp status remote output
- MP-A20V 2-channel 200W 70/100V power amplifier1
- Power (all channels driven)
- 4Ω: 200W
- 8Ω: 200W
- 70V: 200W
- 100V: 200W
- Typical Distortion (4-8Ω)<0.01%
- Max. Distortion (4-8Ω)<1%
- Damping Factor100
- Output CircuitryClass D
- Protectionshort circuit, over circuit, over current, thermal, RF protection, DC fault, inrush limiting
- Gain at 8Ω30 dB
- Input Impedance>10k, balanced or unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity1.23V (+4 dBu)
- Max. Input Level12.3V (+24 dBu)
- Frequency Response at 8Ω20Hz - 20kHz +/-0.5dB
- Signal to Noise> 103 dB
- User-Configurable Operating Modes (per channel)DIP switch selectable, low impedance 4Ω or 8Ω, high impedance direct drive 70V or 100V
- Highpass Filter80Hz DIP switch engaged per channel
- Type: forced air cooling, thermally regulated fan speed, side/rear-to-front airflow
- Max. Temperature Range: 14°F to 122°F (-10°C to 50°C)
- Recommended Temperature Range: 32°F to 95°F (0°C to 35°C)
- Input Connectors: two 3.5mm Euro, 3-pin (green)
- Remote Connectors: one 3.5mm Euro, 5-pin (black)
- Output Connectors: one 5.0mm Euro, 4-pin (green)
- Front Panel Indicatorspower, signal (per channel), limit / mute / protect (per channel)
- Rear Panel Indicatorsbi-color LED signal / limit / mute / protect
- Remote I/Oremote standby, amplifier status enunciation on 3.5mm connectors
- AC Power Inputuniversal power supply with PFC, 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz
- Dimensions (HxWxD)1.75" x 19" x 14.8"
- Weight7.7 pounds