The sE2200 is the latest version of the award-winning cardioid condenser microphone that put sE Electronics on the map many years ago with its smooth, polished sound for vocals, voiceovers, and numerous instrumental applications. Made famous through use with world-class vocal artists like Amy Winehouse, it revives the spirit of classic studio microphones, and still remains a standard in mic lockers around the world.
State-of-the-art components and a shorter, optimized signal path provide even better noise performance & clarity, new pad & filter options increase its versatility, and the fit & finish has been updated with sE’s latest manufacturing techniques - but the sE2200 retains all the classic sound of the original.
Although the sE2200 is a cardioid-only microphone, two (instead of one) gold-sputtered diaphragms are used to ensure best possible acoustic performance. Built like the world’s finest musical instruments, every capsule is hand-crafted and individually tuned - and unlike other microphones with backplate or electret designs, the sE2200 features a true externally polarized condenser capsule, and therefore delivers the best possible performance in every aspect.
Its carefully selected, discrete components ensure brilliant sound quality on any source. The sE2200’s design still avoids using any ICs (integrated circuits) and is built to excel – not to a standard. Low noise, consistent performance and high sensitivity is provided by state-of-the-art surface-mounted electronic components with extremely tight tolerances.
The -10 dB and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide variety of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments...think super-heavy electric guitars, fortissimo brass instruments, and heavy-footed kick drums. Selectable at either 80Hz or 160Hz, the two low-cut filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
Reviving the spirit of classic studio microphones, the sE2200’s custom transformer provides superb depth & weight to the overall sonic image, and the massively shielded metal housing ensures noise-free operation.
sE Electronics sE2200 Features
- Two gold-sputtered diaphragms
- Capsules are hand-crafted and individually tuned
- True externally polarized condenser capsule
- No integrated circuits
- Low noise, consistent performance, and high sensitivity
- Two switchable attenuation levels and low-cut filters
- Custom built-output transformer
- All-metal housing and premium finish
- Gold-plated XLR connector
- sE2200 large diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone1
- Pop filter1
- Thread adapter1
- sE logo sticker1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Range20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance<50 ohms
- Sensitivity23.7 mV/Pa (-32.5 dBV)
- Max. SPL125 / 135 / 145 dB (0/10/20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Equivalent Noise Level8 dB(A)
- Dynamic Range117 / 127 / 137 dB (0/10/20 dB Attentuation pad)
- Signal to Noise Ratio86 dB
- Low-Cut Filter80 / 160 Hz, 6 dB/Oct, switchable
- Attenuation Pad10 / 20 dB, switchable
- Powering48 Volts according to IEC 61938
- Current Consumption4.2mA
- Connectivity3-pin male XLR connector
- Dimensions2.01" diameter x 8.46" length
- Weight21.55 oz