Step up to new digital wireless and get cash back when you trade in your old system with Sennheiser's wireless trade-in program! Place an order for new, eligible wireless between January 9th, 2023 and March 31st, 2023.
System is available in different frequencies.
The EW-D SKM-S BASE SET from Sennheiser is a wireless system comprised of the EW-D EM wireless receiver and the EW-D SKM-S digital handheld transmitter. Sennheiser’s Evolution Wireless Digital series provides an impressively wide dynamic range. Evolution Wireless Digital works so you don’t have to, automatically securing the most reliable signal within seconds. Scalable up to 90 channels due to 56MHz of tuning bandwidth, the Evolution Wireless Digital series is built to help your work evolve.
An equidistant tuning grid from Sennheiser’s Digital 6000 and Digital 9000 wireless systems eliminate intermodulation between EW-D transmitters, so frequencies are equally spaced every 600kHz. That measured spacing simplifies frequency coordination and helps with the system’s scalability and high channel count.
The EW-D EM is a half-rack, single-channel wireless receiver. It can be used with the EW-D SK bodypack (sold separately) or EW-D SKM-S handheld transmitters.
The EW-D SKM-S is a digital handheld transmitter with mute switch. It can be used with a variety of Sennheiser and Neumann microphone modules (sold separately). This transmitter is available in different frequency ranges.
With the Sennheiser Smart Assist app, you get full control in the palm of your hand. This app offers remarkably quick automatic setup, mobile access to system settings, and remote monitoring.
Sennheiser EW-D SKM-S BASE SET Features
- System is available in different frequencies.
- Digital transmission operating in the UHF spectrum greatly enhances range, reliability and scalability
- Smart Assist App connects via Bluetooth Low Energy for a streamlined setup and operation at a distance
- Auto scan creates reliable connections with minimal time and effort
- 134 dB audio input dynamic range eliminates need for sensitivity adjustments and preserves every detail
- Elimination of intermodulation enables channels to be placed in an equidistant tuning grid 600 kHz apart
- 56 MHz of tuning bandwidth and equidistant spacing enables up to 90 channels
- 2,240 selectable frequencies allow for fine tuning
- 1x EW-D EM rack receiver1
- 1x EW-D SKM handheld transmitter1
- 2x Rod antennas2
- 1x Power supply with country adapters1
- 1x Rackmount set1
- 4x Rubber feet4
- Frequency ranges
- Q1-6: 470-526 MHz
- R1-6: 520-576 MHz
- R4-9: 552-608 MHz
- Audio frequency response20 Hz - 20 kHz (-3 dB) @ 3 dBfs
- THD≤ -60 dB for 1 kHz @ -3 dBfs input level
- Operating temperature14°F to 131°F (-10°C to 55°C)
- Operating relative humidity5-95% (non-condensing)
- EW-D EM rack receiver
- Current consumption: ≤ 300 mA
- Audio output level: 18 dBu max
- Input voltage range: 11-13V
- Transmission power BLE: max 10 mW EIRP
- Dimensions: 8.35" x 1.7" x 7.44"
- Weight: 2.2 pounds (without antennas and power supply)
- EW-D SKM handheld transmitter
- Power supply: 2 AA batteries 1.5V (alkaline manganese)
- Input voltage range: 2.0 - 4.35V
- Current consumption: < 300 mA
- Transmission power:
- Audio link: 10 mW
- ERP: 12 mW ERP (range Y1-3)
- BLE: max 10 mW EIRP
- Dimensions: 1.57" x 7.87"
- Weight: 6.88 oz (195 g)
- Compatible microphone capsules
- MMD 835-1: dynamic microphone, cardioid pattern
- MMD 845-1: dynamic microphone, super-cardioid pattern
- MME 865-1: condenser microphone, super-cardioid pattern
- MMD 935-1: dynamic microphone, cardioid pattern
- MMD 945-1: dynamic microphone, super-cardioid pattern
- MMK 965-1: condenser microphone, selectable pattern
- MMD 42-1: dynamic microphone, omni-directional pattern
- MM 435: dynamic microphone, cardioid pattern
- MM 445: dynamic microphone, super-cardioid pattern
- ME 9002: condenser microphone, omni-directional pattern
- ME 9004: condenser microphone, cardioid pattern
- ME 9005: condenser microphone, super-cardioid pattern
- Neumann KK 204: condenser microphone, cardioid pattern
- Neumann KK 205: condenser microphone, super-cardioid pattern