Sennheiser EW-DP Wireless Microphone Systems
Production has enough challenges; sound doesn’t need to be one of them. A wireless microphone system that blends best-in-class technology with an ergonomic build, EW-DP will change the way you think of sound on set. Whether you’re a crew of one or many, EW-DP is the ideal partner to simplify your audio workflow and give you the confidence to focus on a successful shoot.
EW-DP Distinguishing Features
- Specialized gear for professional-caliber productions in studios for broadcast or recording
- Fully digital UHF wireless microphone system for video applications
- Integrated Bluetooth for synchronization and control
- Smart Notifications for troubleshooting and system guidance
- Intelligent battery management provides operating time (hours: minutes)
- Extended battery life: up to 12 hours on the transmitter, 7 hours on the receiver
- Magnetically stackable components for versatile mounting
- Industry-leading 134 dB input dynamic range for distortion-free transmission
- Up to 56 MHz bandwidth for flexibility in any RF environment
- Exceptionally low latency (1.9 ms)
- External charging and powering via USB-C (receiver only)
- Smart Assist app for monitor & control
- Optional plug-on transmitter features XLR & 3.5 mm inputs, +48V & recording via microSD (ENG Set or component only)
Fully digital UHF guarantees cutting-edge signal clarity and reliability. An innovative magnetic stacking system makes set-up a snap. Attach the cheese plate and stack receivers on top for fast and secure mounting, it’s as simple as that. Smart Notifications quickly identify missed yet critical problems that occur in your workflow. Alerts for audio clipping, low battery, blocked frequencies, muted transmitters, or unlinked devices automatically pop up so you’re never caught off guard. Auto frequency coordination locates, organizes, and maximizes frequency usage with precision ensuring you find the most reliable signal in the most efficient way possible. The Smart Assist app puts the control in the palm of your hand, allowing you to adjust your system at the camera or across the room. In short, EW-DP enables you to save valuable time and energy.
Another premium feature of EW-DP is the Sennheiser Smart Assist app, which remotely connects to your wireless system and lets you coordinate frequencies effortlessly. Use this application to enable Bluetooth Low Energy, a functionality that gives you direct control and monitoring ability from the comfort of your Android or iOS device.
Frequency Asked Questions
- What are the main differences between the various EW-D series (EW-D, EW-DP, and EW-DX)?
- EW-D is the base series for general applications, while EW-DP is specialized for professional productions such as broadcast studios, and EW-DX is optimized for presentations and lectures, virtual or hybrid conferencing, and live sound
- What is the battery life of EW-DP models?
- Up to 12 hours on the transmitter, 7 hours on the receiver
- What is the latency?
- 1.9 ms