Step up to new digital wireless and get cash back when you trade in your old system with Sennheiser's wireless trade-in program! Place an order for new, eligible wireless between January 9th, 2023 and March 31st, 2023.
The EW-DX SKM from Sennheiser is a digital wireless handheld transmitter designed for optimal compatibility with Evolution Wireless Digital systems. Its standard capsule interface fits a wide range of Sennheiser and Neumann microphone modules (sold separately) for enhanced customization to specific applications. Boasting a rugged metal construction and enjoying up to 12 hours of runtime, EW-DX SKM is built to meet the challenges of live sound head-on. Other features include an easy-to-read E-Ink display and charging contacts for in-device charging.
Choose from variations according to frequency, as well as options with or without built-in switches.
More about the EW-DX Series
Take the complexities out of wireless audio, all while enjoying sophisticated tools that help you easily set up and operate your system. Delivering peak performance, EW-DX offers seamless product pairing and management that is reliable and intuitive. This wireless series builds on decades of research, utilizes refined technologies, and incorporates sophisticated tools to deliver a scalable digital UHF system.
Effortlessly take control and monitor your mic system from your mobile device with tools like Sennheiser’s Control Cockpit, Wireless Systems Manager (WSM), or Smart Assist app that provide a detailed system view in complex, networked environments. Equidistant channel spacing, auto scan, and Bluetooth® Low Energy sync allow you to coordinate and set frequencies with the push of a button. Auto Scan assigns channels so you can pack more channels more reliably, without risking intermodulation interference. The equidistant frequency grid allocates more channels per available space. Meanwhile, automatic RF setup allows for easy in-room multi-channel installations.
Choose a system that consistently delivers reliable, high-quality audio, even in the most demanding and sensitive environments. EW-DX boasts a digital UHF transmission enhanced by a wide dynamic range and ultra-low latency that effortlessly keeps up with every detail of your sound. Sennheiser’s proprietary SePac audio codec and innovative conversion technology sum up to deliver outstanding audio transparency along the entire signal chain, from the moment your sound is captured by a transmitter to the time it reaches your audience’s ears.
EW-DX’s Intelligent Switching Diversity digital system enables antenna switching between audio frames to deliver a stable connection without audible artifacts. In transmitters with a 134 dB dynamic range, no sensitivity settings are required. Other features include in-device charging, 12-hour battery operation, and switching bandwidth up to 88 MHz.
Dante® network audio, Ethernet control ports, and AES-256 encryption allow EW-DX to be securely transmitted and placed on IT networks. Link Density Mode packs even more channels into a dedicated space while making the most of interchangeable series components across the Evolution Wireless Digital line. Customize your setup with accessories that help manage power and signal distribution.
Sennheiser EW-DX SKM Features
- 10mW RF power with up to 100m/328ft working range
- Charging contacts for in-device charging with CHG 70N
- Persistent eInk display - parameters visible on screen even when device is not powered on
- Programmable mute switch on EW-DX SKM-S - customize the device depending on your professional needs
- Function buttons - control all the transmitter settings directly from handheld microphone
- Extended runtime with lithium-ion batteries - up to 12 hours operation time
- Standard capsule interface - compatible with a wide range of Sennheiser and Neumann capsules
- Mic input trim control
- Metal housing
- EW-DX SKM Wireless Microphone Handheld Transmitter1
- MZQ 1 microphone clamp1
- Batteries (AA)2
- Quick guide1
- Safety guide1
- Manufacturer declaration sheet1
- Audio link frequency ranges
- Q1-9: 470.2 - 550 MHz
- R1-9: 520 - 607.8 MHz
- S1-10: 606.2 - 693.8 MHz
- S: 2-10: 614.2 - 693.8 MHz
- S4-10: 630 - 693.8 MHz
- U1/5: 823.2 - 831.8 MHz & 863.2 - 864.8 MHz
- V3-4: 925.2 - 937.3 MHz
- V5-7: 941.7 - 951.8 MHz & 953.05 - 956.05 MHz & 956.65 - 959.65 MHz
- Y1-3: 1785.2 - 1799.8 MHz
- Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) frequency range: 2402 - 2480 MHz
- Audio frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (-3 dB)
- Audio THD ≤ -60 dB for 1 kHz: @ -3 dBfs input level
- Dynamic range: 134 dB
- System latency: 1.9 ms
- Operating temperature: -10 °C - +55 °C (14 °F - 131 °F)
- Relative humidity: 5 - 95 % (non-condensing)
- Audio link frequency ranges
- EW-DX SKM Handheld Transmitter
- Input voltage: 2.0 - 4.35 V
- Input current: < 300 mA
- Power supply: 2 AA batteries 1.5 V (alkali manganese) or BA 70 rechargeable battery pack
- Occupied bandwidth: 200 kHz
- Transmit power (radiated)
- Audio link: 10 mW ERP (Range Y1-3: 12 mW ERP)
- LD mode: 10 mW ERP
- BLE: max. 10 mW EIRP
- Dimensions (ø x l)
- Incl. MMD 835 microphone module: 50x268 mm (1.97x10.55")
- Without microphone module: 40x200 mm (1.57x7.87")
- Weight (without batteries)
- Incl. MMD 835 microphone module: approx. 304 g (0.67 lbs)
- Without microphone module: approx. 195 g (0.43 lbs)