When you’re creating a sound for a wider audience, you need to deal with honest audio. Sennheiser’s HD 400 PRO are open-backed studio reference headphones that let you experience your mix the way your listeners will hear it. Designed for optimal clarity and accuracy, these headphones are also designed for full comfort, allowing you to wear them for long listening sessions without distraction.
Whether you’re at home or in the studio, HD 400 PRO headphones deliver a natural, accurate sound that helps you fine-tune the final product. In addition to simply being more breathable, open earcups and angled transducers allow wider, more transparent soundstage and better audio imaging—benefits you need while creating a mix. The headphones’ 120-ohm transducers are tuned for accuracy to deliver every detail and nuance.
Faithfully reproducing analytical audio, HD 400 PRO headphones are particularly good at reflecting the lower end of the audio spectrum. A highly efficient driver magnet delivers clarity while its damping system manages ventilation, resulting in a distortion-free, deeper bass.
HD 400 PRO’s lightweight design and velour earpads give you the comfort you need to focus on your work for hours on end. The articulating earcups and adjustable headband allow you to personalize the fit to your head. Their durable, studio-quality build stands up to everyday use.
More about Sennheiser's HD PRO Series
Intelligent features. Intuitive operation. Professional performance. The HD PRO series of headphones from Sennheiser are specifically designed for sound professionals and their most demanding audio projects. They’re a perfect choice for DJ performances, mixing and mastering in the studio, monitoring, and video audio control.
HD PRO headphones deliver natural, detailed sound. Built to handle meet the challenges of studio recording head-on, they boast a durable construction, effective noise attenuation, and capacity to handle high volumes. They’re designed for optimal comfort, so you can work without distraction for hours on end.
Listen well. Listen safe. The HD PRO headphone series includes ActiveGard®, a function that protects the wearer’s hearing from sudden or extreme audio peaks (more than 105 dB). The ActiveGard© function can be activated or deactivated.
HD PRO headphones include a built-in, high-quality microphone that offers outstanding speech intelligibility no matter how noisy your surrounding…perfect for pulling double-duty as video conferencing headphones.
Sennheiser HD 400 PRO Features
- A professional's tool with neutral sound reproduction
- Lightweight design for all-day usage
- Single-sided, coiled cable allows freedom to operate. For convenience, a straight cable is also included
- Angled transducers designed for low distortion at high SPL's provide a spacious and accurate soundstage
- HD 400 PRO Studio Reference Headphones1
- 3 m coiled cable with 3.5 mm jack plug1
- 3.5 mm jack plug to 6.3 mm adapter1
- 1.8 m straight cable1
- Quick Guide1
- Safety Guide1
- Impedance 120 Ω
- Frequency response 6 Hz to 38 kHz (-10 dB)
- Sound pressure level (SPL) 110 dB (1 kHz / 1 V RMS)
- THD, total harmonic distortion < 0.05 % (1 kHz / 90 dB SPL)
- Ear coupling circumaural
- Jack plug 3.5 mm jack plug with 6.3 mm adapter
- Weight 240 g
- Storage temperature –55 °C to +70 °C (–67 °F to 158 °F)
- Operating temperature –15 °C to +55 °C (5 °F to 131 °F)
- Operating relative humidity ≤ 90 %
- Accoustic principle dynamic, open
- Ear pad material Velour