Directional on-camera microphone with built-in wind protection and shock absorption for enhanced in-camera audio. Includes 3.5mm TRS and TRRS coiled cables for compatibility with DSLR and mirrorless cameras or mobile devices.
Quality video is easy to come by these days, but that isn’t always the case when it comes to quality audio. Even the phone in your pocket has the ability to shoot video in crisp 4K resolution, so why shouldn’t it sound as good as it looks?
Capturing audio in noisy environments is no longer an issue. A directional microphone capsule brings presence to your voice while features like a built-in wind screen and shock mount keep your recordings sounding cleaner than ever before. Compact and sleek enough for your camera or your phone, this mic is sure to enhance the audio for any video you shoot.
It’s commonly known in today’s world of digital media that it’s easier to watch content with poor video quality than it is to watch content with poor audio quality. That’s because audio is what deliver’s the message—audio is what tells the story. If your video has poor audio quality, your audience is more likely to swipe away because they can’t hear what you’re saying clearly. What’s more, the vast majority of Social Media content is viewed on a mobile device that renders anything higher than 720p nearly indistinguishable. This means that even lower resolution content on a small screen looks fairly decent. Unfortunately, viewing on a small screen doesn’t help your audio the same way it does your video. That’s why it’s important to make sure your voice is present and defined.
Secondly, most cameras (and even televisions) sold today come with microphones and speakers that leave much to be desired because the manufacturer expects you to upgrade your audio with an additional purchase. Part of the reason is due to keeping the cost down, but it’s mostly because the focus is on picture quality, not audio. So, in a sense, most electronics manufacturers also play a role in overlooking the importance of audio. This is your chance to make up for that.
Lastly, and above all, you don’t need to be an audio engineer to improve the quality of your audio! In most cases, all you need is a directional microphone with some cool features that help to enhance your sound and just like that, you’ve increased your production value, leaving you with content that sets you apart from the rest.
Everything considered, having quality audio might be more important than you thought, but it also might be more attainable than you imagined as well. Just make sure that when you’re ready to upgrade your sound, you do so with the brand that the pros trust. Now go out there and create some content! Be bold, and most importantly, be heard.
Sennheiser MKE 200 Features
- Directional microphone for isolated and enhanced in-camera audio
- Compact design with sleek and stylish finish
- Integrated wind protection and internal suspension mount to minimize handling noise
- Interchangeable 3.5mm (1/8"") TRS and TRRS connectivity for use with DSLR and mirrorless cameras or mobile devices
- Standard cold shoe mount for universal use
- Battery free operation
- MKE 200 Directional Shotgun Microphone1
- CL 35 TRS, locking TRS-TRS coiled cable1
- CL 35 TRRS, locking TRS - TRRS coiled cable1
- MZH 200 furry windshield1
- Drawstring pouch1
- Quick Guide1
- Safety Guide1
- Pick-up patternSuper-cardioid
- Transducer principlePre-polarized Condenser
- Maximum sound pressure level (passive)120 dB
- Sensitivity-33 dB V/Pa
- Connection3.5mm locking jack
- Connection cable3.5mm TRS & 3.5mm TRRS cables included
- Equivalent noise level20 dB SPL (A)
- Frequency response40 to 20,000 Hz