Upgrade the audio quality in your video productions by switching from the built-in mic on your camera to the Sennheiser MKE 600 battery- or phantom-powered shotgun microphone. Its focused directional characteristics and resistance to structure-borne noise offer sonic results well suited to a variety of production scenarios from independent films and web series to nature shows and documentaries.
The MKE 600's high sensitivity and low-noise circuitry unlock improved sound quality without extreme gain on noisy camera preamps. With a natural roll-off at 40 Hz and a selectable low-cut filter at 100 Hz, the MKE 600 can deliver clear intelligibility while attenuating low-frequency noise such as rumble. Plus, its frequency response incorporates a gentle rise in treble to enhance speech clarity.
The lightweight and durable metal housing ensures reliable toughness without weighing down your rig. The included shoe shockmount accommodates mounting the MKE 600 to a camera or tripod.
Sennheiser MKE 600 Features
- Pronounced directivity
- Maximal rejection of side noise
- Switchable "Low Cut" filter minimizes wind noise
- Phantom or battery powering Battery switch with "Low Batt" indicator Rugged all-metal housing Very good suppression of structure-borne noise Supplied with foam windshield and shock mount
- MKE 600 Shotgun Microphone1
- MZS 600 Shock Mount1
- MZW 600 Foam Windshield1
- Instruction Manual1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternSupercardioid
- Frequency Response40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Max SPL132 dB SPL at P48; 126 dB SPL with battery powering
- Sensitivity in free field, no load (1kHz)21 mV/Pa at P48; 19mV/Pa with battery powering
- Equivalent noise level15 dB (A) at P48; 16 dB (A) with battery powering
- Operating timeapprox. 150 hrs
- Power supply48 V +/- 4V (P48, IEC 61938) or battery/rechargeable batt. 1.5V/1.2V AA size
- Current consumption4.4 mA at P48
- Dimensionsdiameter 20 mm, length 256 mm
- Weight128 g (without battery)