Perfect for theater, broadcast, musicals, and more, the SK 6212 miniature digital bodypack transmitter delivers maximum sound in a miniature package. This tiny member of Sennheiser’s premium Digital 6000 Series is designed to make the lives of performers, stylists, directors, and audio engineers easier.
Easy to use. Reliable to operate. Invisibly discreet. Where you need to hear well but see nothing, the SK 6212 gives artists and engineers the tool they crave. This pint-sized powerhouse delivers reliable performance, state-of-the-art wireless transmission, and an equidistant frequency grid that rises to the challenge of even the most difficult HF conditions. Other features include an intuitive display with control buttons that allow the performer to make adjustments on the device itself, as well as multiple attachment options for wider flexibility.
Weighing only 112 grams and with dimensions of just 63 x 47 x 20 mm, the SK 6212 is as small as a matchbox and conveniently lightweight. It also has no sharp edges or corners, making it easy—and comfortable—to conceal from the audience’s view. Its metal housing is durably capable of rigorous use and is also resistant to water and sweat.
Designed for even the longest day of rehearsals, the SK 6212’s exchangeable battery guarantees 12 hours of continuous operation. Its included antenna is also exchangeable, making it easy to swap in new components as needed—even as the curtain goes up.
The SK 6212 bodypack can also be combined with Digital 9000 components and the EK 6042 in Long-Range Mode (LR Mode).
More about Sennheiser’s Digital 6000 Series
Designed for any application, Sennheiser’s Digital 6000 System equips you to achieve the highest quality sound, whether in live stages, broadcast productions, business presentations, or beyond. Boasting intermodulation-free HF technology with an equidistant frequency grid, Digital 6000 allows you to reliably incorporate transmission paths—even in overcrowded or very narrow frequency ranges.
Featuring Sennheiser’s proprietary Digital Audio Codec (SeDAC), Digital 6000 systems guarantees clear, artifact-free sound quality and an expanded dynamic range, even in the most challenging RF scenarios.
Choose Long-Range Mode (LR Mode) to enjoy unrivalled quality. On the other hand, the innovative Link Density Mode (LD Mode) to double the number of channels accessible and makes up to 5 links per 1 MHz bandwidth are possible, providing optimal flexibility.
The series is compatible with the Digital 9000 series and the camera receiver EK 6042 (LR mode only).
Sennheiser SK 6212 Features
- Compact, ultra-small design with ergonomically optimized construction (63x47x20mm)
- Designed for 12 hours of continuous operation
- Made with ultra-light robust metal housing weighing only 112 grams
- Link Density Mode (LD mode) with efficiency-optimized Audio Codec (SePAC) ensures up to 5 channels per MHz bandwidth
- Superb sound and higher dynamic range thanks to Sennheiser Digital Audio Codec (SeDAC) and long-range mode, also found in the Digital 9000 series
- Resistant to moisture and sweat
- Two detachable clips (0°/90°) for secure fit in any position
- Exchangeable antenna and battery
- Can be used with a variety of lavalier microphones and headsets
- Sennheiser SK 6212 Mini Bodypack Transmitter1
- Clip, vertical1
- Clip, horizontal1
- Quick guide1
- Safety guide1
- Specification and manufacturer declaration sheet1
- Dimensionsapprox. 63×47×20 mm
- THD, total harmonic distortiontyp. 0.002%
- WeightApprox. 112 g (with BA 62 battery pack, antenna and beltclip)
- Audio input3-pin audio socket
- Signal-to-noise ratiotyp. 113 dB(A)
- RF output power
- standard mode: 15 mW rms
- low power mode: 3.5 mW rms
- Switching bandwidthup to 88 MHz
- Operating timetyp 12 h at 25° C (with BA 62 accupack)
- Frequency range
- 470.200 to 713.800 MHz:
- A1-A4 (470.200 – 558.000 MHz)
- A5-A8 (550.000 – 638.000 MHz)
- B1-B4 (630.000 – 713.800 MHz)
- A5-A8 US (550.000 – 607.800 MHz)
- B1-B4 AU (630.000 – 693.800 MHz)
- Audio codec
- SeDAC (Sennheiser Digital Audio Codec)
- SePAC (Sennheiser Performance Audio Codec)
- Frequency stability< 5 ppm
- Tunability25 kHz steps
- Lower cut-off-frequencyadjustable: 30 Hz, 60 Hz, 80 Hz, 100 Hz, 120 Hz
- Encryption AES 256
- Audio frequency response30Hz-20kHz (-3 dB)
- Audio GainMic: adjustable in 3 dB steps from −6 dB to +42 dB
- Modulation scheme
- Digital modulation Long Range Mode
- Digital modulation Link Density Mode
- Antenna OutputCoaxial socket