The SK 9000 Bodypack Transmitter from Sennheiser is the perfect tool for achieving impeccable, reliable sound transmissions—no matter how difficult the conditions. With its intuitive user interface, the SK 9000 is effortless to set up and flexible to operate. Its lightweight, yet rugged, design makes it a great choice for applications that need consistent quality in a low-profile build, such as stages, studios, or even outdoor audio.
Using diecast magnesium, the SK 9000 is constructed to be lightweight while also durable enough to handle the rigors of live performance and touring. Its compact build also allows this bodypack to be easily hidden among clothing and costumes, so the speaker or performer gets great audio without a visual distraction.
Enjoy cable-like audio transmission—while enjoying the freedom of wireless. Choose from lavalier microphones, line sources, or instruments and connect it to the bodypack via its built-in 3-pin Lemo connector. The SK 9000’s user interface includes an icon-based menu for easy navigation, infrared synchronization for fast setup with a receiver, and safety measures to prevent accidental settings changes mid-performance.
The SK 9000 is compatible for use of energy packs with Lithium-Ion technology (sold separately), which is not only more environmentally friendly and cost-effective (since you will need to replace the batteries less often), but it will also maximize operating time between charges.
This transmitter is available in a variety of frequencies: A1-A4 at 470 - 558 MHz and A5-A8 at 550 - 638 MHz.
More about Sennheiser’s Digital 9000 Series
With Sennheiser’s Digital 9000 Series, you’ll never have to compromise your sound. Boasting uncompressed digital audio transmission, Digital 9000 products offer artifact-free audio and great dynamics, making it an ideal system for professionals. With unique sound quality and an entirely new level of flexibility, Digital 9000 is the perfect addition to sound setups for broadcast studios, theaters, and live performances.
One of the features that sets the Digital 9000 Series apart is its use of extremely steep filters. This allows a very narrow setup of radio frequencies within the available frequency range, all while avoiding the issues related to intermodulation. Other features include its intuitive handling, compatibility with 12 different microphone capsules, and antennas that dispose of eight highly selective filters.
A major factor in Digital 9000’s sound quality is its antenna function. Antennas in this series include the AD 9000, A 9000, and AB 9000—all of which compensate for cable losses of up to 14 dB. These cable losses are compensated automatically, which saves time when setting up the system while ensuring optimal calibration. The antennas’ selective filters let you select a frequency window remotely, and then the filters will only allow corresponding frequencies to pass.
Sennheiser SK 9000 Features
- Convenient to use
- Protects against unwanted changes
- 3-pin Lemo connector for lavalier microphones, guitars and instruments
- Robust and lightweight magnesium housing
- Easily concealed in a costume
- Can use exchangeable energy packs with Lithium Ion technology
- SK 9000 Bodypack Transmitter1
- Supplement "Framework requirements and restrictions on frequency usage"1
- Instruction manual1
- Dimensions (LxWxD)76x62x20 mm (with rechargeable battery pack BA 61)
- Frequency responseMic: 60-20000 Hz (3 dB)
- Weightapprox. 147 g (with rechargeable battery pack BA 61 and belt clip)
- Audio input3-pin socket
- Power consumptionMax. 960 mW
- RF output powerMode LR : 25 mW rms, 50 mW en crête
- Switching bandwidth88 MHz
- Operating time6.5 h with rechargeable battery pack BA 61
- Mode HD: uncompressed audio
- Mode LR: SeDAC (Sennheiser Digital Audio Codec)
- Power supply
- B 61: Primary cells, Type AA
- BA 61Rechargeable battery pack
- Antenna connectorCoaxial
- Gainline : -6 dB
- Frequency range
- SK 9000 A1 - A4: 470 - 558 MHz
- SK 9000 A5 - A8: 550 - 638 MHz
- SK 9000 B1-B4: 630-718 MHz
- SK 9000 B1-B4: 630-718 MHz
- Input impedanceline : 1 MΩ