Lightweight yet rugged, the XSW IEM EK (A) bodypack receiver from Sennheiser is the perfect basis for their XS Wireless IEM series. This stereo receiver bodypack is built with the live stage in mind. Fine-tune your settings to achieve the perfect focus on your individual mix, with functions such as balancing, EQ, channel selection, or manual frequency. Once you have your settings picked, the stage-proof panel keeps you from bumping anything and making any accidental changes during your performance. A status LED keeps you informed about battery and connection status, while an LCD offers settings readouts for more detailed data.
With XS Wireless IEM, you can easily link additional receivers to one transmitter – connecting more band members to a new level of detail. This scalability makes it easy to grow or adjust your sound setup as your musical group expands and changes over time.
Included with the XSW IEM EK (A) bodypack receiver are a set of Sennheiser's IE 4 earphones, so you can get to monitoring your mix right out of the box.
The IE 4 Earphones
The IE 4 earphones are designed to provide natural, dynamic sound reproduction in applications that require wireless monitoring and include interchangeable ear sleeves that enable you to find the perfect fit for customized sound isolation. IE 4 includes exchangeable ear sleeves for a perfect, customized fit for high isolation against environmental noise and very good bass response. These earphones are extremely robust even at high sound pressure levels and deliver an outstanding bass response. The earphone cable can be used as a second antenna, significantly minimizing dropouts.
More about Sennheiser’s XSW IEM Series
Get started with personal monitoring. The XS Wireless IEM Series from Sennheiser sets new standards for simple, flexible, and reliable wireless in-ear monitoring. Intuitive and feature-packed, XSW IEM products equip audio artists to hear themselves perfectly in any environment and make in-the-moment adjustments to their performance—regardless of tech experience.
The XSW IEM Series boasts a set of rich options that give you the flexibility and functionality you need, combining a rugged build with an elegant, easy-to-use interface. Easily change between multiple audio modes (mono, stereo, or two-channel focus mode) to match your application’s needs. The system uses eight pre-configured frequency banks in an advanced, professional caliber, wireless UHF range (with 12 perfectly aligned channels each) to maintain a reliable, crystal-clear connection in any environment.
Choose a system that lets you focus on sounding your best. Whether you’re rehearsing or performing live, at a club or worship service, solo or in a group, XSW IEM’s assortment of standard and advanced features have you covered no matter the size or shape of your application. Enjoy excellent near-field sound, full control of your mix, and good isolation—all through a reliably rock-solid wireless connection that gives you freedom of movement along with everything else. Last but not least, XSW IEM is easily scalable, so your wireless setup effortlessly grows as your needs change.
Sennheiser XSW IEM EK (A) Features
- Lightweight bodypack with rear clamp and stage-proof control panel
- Standard 3.5mm jack plug for supplied IE 4 headphones or optional in-ear sets
- Backlit front panel and status LED for battery and link status
- Menu access to receiver sound settings like focus modes, volume control, limiter, and EQ
- Pan control for individual balance of the input channels
- Operates with 2 AA primary batteries or rechargeable batteries
- XSW IEM EK (A) lightweight in-ear monitoring bodypack receiver1
- IE 4 in-ear headphones1
- AA batteries2
- RF Characteristics
- Modulation: Wideband FM
- Frequency A: 476 - 500 MHz
- Switching Bandwidth: up to 24 MHz
- Nominal/Peak Deviation: ±15kHz / ±24kHz
- Squelch: 10 µV, fixed
- AF Characteristics
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (1mV, peak deviation): ≥88dB
- THD: ≤1%
- AF Output Level at 3.5mm: 2 x 1,25 Veff at 16 Ω
- High Boost (EQ): +10dB at 13kHz
- Limiter: -10dB
- AF Frequency Response: 45Hz to 15kHz
- Crosstalk (50Hz - 10kHz): typically 45dB
- IE 4 Headphones
- Transducer: dynamic
- Frequency Response: 40-20,000Hz
- SPL (1kHz, 1mW): 106dB
- Nominal Impedance: 6Ω
- Cable Length: 4.6 ft
- Connector: 3.5mm (1/8") stereo plug, gold-plated
- Power Supply2 AA batteries, 1.5 V
- Nominal Voltage3 V battery
- Operating Timeapprox. 6 hours (depending on volume level)
- Dimensions3.74" x 2.76" x 1.02"
- Weight3.88 oz