Set the stage for exceptional sound. Compatible with Axient® Digital Wireless Systems, the Shure ADX2/B58 Handheld Transmitter is a wireless microphone transmitter that equips you with professional-caliber audio and enhanced RF performance. Boasting a B58 microphone capsule, this transmitter is ideal for capturing vocals. Its design is characterized by a backlit LCD with an intuitive menu and controls as well as a low-profile, lockable power switch. Its integrated Diversity ShowLink remote control function enables real-time settings adjustments and automatic interference avoidance.
Moisture-resistant and durable, the ADX2 metal build helps it endure the wear and tear of demanding applications—all while remaining lightweight and easy to use. Use the transmitter for up to 9 hours straight with its included SB920 rechargeable battery. The transmitter’s housing incorporates external contacts for charging the entire unit in a dock (sold separately). Choose between two transmission modes: Standard Mode optimizes wireless coverage, while High Density Mode intensifies the coverage and maxes out the system’s channel count. Other features include wide tuning up to 184 MHz and secure transmission via its encryption enabling.
This handheld transmitter is available in different frequency options.
More about the Beta58 Capsule
Meet the wireless mic that matches your vocal potential. The BETA 58’s brightened midrange and bass roll-off give lead and background vocals a mighty presence in the mix. The supercardioid pattern isolates your sound from every other source in the air. The hardened steel mesh grille stands up to some of the rigors of touring.
More about Shure’s ADX Series
The Axient® Digital Wireless System from Shure is designed to provide pristine audio clarity, advanced connectivity, scalable hardware, network charging, and premium wireless signal stability—all in a system that gives you precise control while offering optimal convenience of use in professional wireless production. ADX models in this series feature integrated Diversity ShowLink, a remote control functionality that allows you to make adjustments to settings in real-time and automatically minimizes interference.
Developed according to the input of top audio professionals, Axient Digital boasts 184 mHz tuning across all receivers and transmitters, up to 47 active transmitters per 6 MHz TV channel, and an industry-leading 2 milliseconds of latency. These features, with flat frequency response, multiple digital audio output options, next-generation digital radio with encryption, and Quadversity and High-Density modes, make the Axient Digital Wireless System a powerhouse for modern broadcast needs no matter how crowded the spectrum environment.
Complex setups, high channel counts, and constrained spectrum are everyday hurdles for today’s major events and tours. Axient Digital was built to tackle these problems head-on to give you ultimate control over professional production and improve every aspect of your workflow. Every component of the Axient Digital Wireless Systems has been stress-tested and fine-tuned for efficiency, durability, and reliability so you get the best results. Choose from a handheld transmitter or a bodypack transmitter, and pair it with a receiver. Offering big sound quality for big audiences, this wireless system is the ideal solution for major award shows, halftime performances, music festivals, and even Broadway.
Note: When purchasing separate wireless components, please match their frequency bands to ensure proper system operation.
Shure ADX2/B58 Features
- Durable, moisture-resistant, lightweight metal case in black finish
- Up to 9 hours of runtime with SB920 rechargeable battery
- External contacts for docked charging with optional fully covered radome
- Diversity ShowLink enabled for remote transmitter control and automatic interference avoidance
- Two transmission modes: Standard for optimal coverage and new High Density for maximum system channel count and robust coverage
- Encryption-enabled, secure transmission
- ADX2/B58 Handheld Transmitter1
- SB920 rechargeable battery1
- Mic Offset Range-12 to 21 dB (In 1 dB steps)
- Battery TypeShure SB920 Rechargeable Li-Ion
- Battery Runtime (@ 10 mW)up to 9 hours
- Dimensions (L x Dia.)10 x 2 inches (254 x 51 mm)
- Weight (Without Battery)11.9 oz (338 g)
- HousingCast Aluminum
- Operating Temperature Range0°F to 112°F (-18°C to 50°C)
- Storage Temperature Range-20°F to 165°F (-29°C to 74°C)
- Audio Input
- Configuration: Unbalanced
- Maximum Input Level (1 kHz at 1% THD): 145 dB SPL (SM58), typical
- RF Output
- Antenna Type: Dual Band Helical
- Occupied Bandwidth: <200 kHz
- Channel-to-Channel Spacing
- Standard Mode: 350 kHz
- High Density Mode: 125 kHz
- Modulation Type: Shure Axient Digital Proprietary
- Power: 2 mW, 10 mW, 40 mW
- Specific Absorption Rate (SAR): < 0.19 W/kg
- Network Type: IEEE 802.15.4
- Antenna Type: Zigbee Dual Conformal
- Frequency Range: 2.40 to 2.4835 GHz (24 Channels)
- RF Output Power: 10 dBm (ERP)