Versatility and reliability makes the Shure BLX288/SM58 Limited Edition Wireless Microphone System ideal for houses of worship, wedding DJs, conference centers, and other smaller-scale venues. This system is comprised of a BLX88 Dual Channel Receiver, two black BLX2 Handheld Transmitters with SM58 mic capsules, and the accessories you need to set up and get started capturing your sound right out of the box.
More about the BLX2 Handheld Transmitter
Lightweight and rugged, the BLX2 delivers audio with professional-caliber clarity and consistency, its sound is customized via its integrated microphone capsule design. This handheld transmitter is capable of -10dB of gain attenuation.
More about the SM58 Microphone Capsule
Boasting a classic look and world-renowned engineering, the SM58 is a durable, versatile mic that handles vocals with clarity and precision. The cardioid pattern minimizes the pickup of background noise, so the mic captures your voice—and not any noise from the sides or back. An integrated pneumatic shock mount absorbs handling noise, so your sound doesn’t get lost in vibration. Meanwhile, the iconic spherical mesh grille and the mic’s built-in pop filter protect your audio from wind and plosives, helping you effortlessly screen out unwanted air.
More about the BLX88 Dual-Channel Receiver
The rugged BLX88 is an analog wireless receiver that can expand to up to 12 mic channels on each channel for a total of 24. Since this is a dual-channel receiver, two frequencies will be selected. Other features include QuickScan, a microprocessor-controlled internal antenna, connectivity to PA systems and mixing boards, and much more!
More about Shure's BLX Series
BLX® Wireless Systems combine intuitive operation, rigorously tested quality and durability, and legendary sound right out of the box. Transmitters work for up to 14 hours on two AA batteries, and the system operates at a range of 300 feet, allowing you to expand your stage into the audience without interruption. All receivers include Shure’s Quickscan features, allowing you to find a clear frequency and set your transmitter to the same channel quickly and easily.
With consistent reliability across a wide variety of transmitters, receivers, and accessories, you’re sure to find a sound that works for you from this extensive selection of BLX series gear. Pick from bodypack (BLX1), handheld (BLX2), head-worn (MX35, MX53, PGA31, SM31, SM35), instrument (B98), or lavalier (CVL, W85, W93) clip-on transmitters according to what best suits your performance needs. Complement your favorite transmitter with the perfect receiver, from the ultra-portable BLX4 with internal antenna (BLX4, BLX14, BLX24), to the BLX88 dual-receiver that accommodates two transmitters (BLX88, BLX188, BLX288, BLX1288), to the rack-mounted BLXR with its 2 removable antennas (BLXR, BLX4R; rackmount hardware is also included).
Go wireless with confidence using this specially engineered system that gives you pristine audio clarity without noise interference or disappointing dropouts. BLX series gear gives you the versatility and selection to pick and choose precisely the equipment to fit your needs whatever that venue or performance. Whether you’re a performer or presenter, BLX Wireless is the ideal choice for producing stellar, dependable sound.
Shure BLX288/SM58BK Limited Edition Features
- Dual wireless system provides professional sound quality with simple setup and an intuitive interface
- Communicates using analogue wireless transmission between BLX88 receiver and wireless mic in use
- Works at up to 300 ft line of sight
- Ideal for small venues, wedding halls, houses of worship, conference centers, and more
- BLX88 Dual Channel Receiver1
- BLX2/SM58 Handheld Transmitter2
- Microphone Clips2
- Power Supply1
- AA Batteries2
- User Guide1
- Working Range: 91 m (300 ft) Line of Sight
- Audio Frequency Response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion Ref. ±33 kHz deviation with 1 kHz tone: 0.5%, typical
- Dynamic Range: 100 dB, A-weighted, typical
- Operating Temperature: -18°C (0°F) to 57°C (135°F)
- Polarity: Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm (or positive voltage applied to tip of WA302 phone plug) produces positive voltage on pin 2 (with respect to pin 3 of low-impedance output) and the tip of the high impedance 1/4-inch output.
- BLX2 Transmitter
- Audio Input Level
- 0dB: -20 dBVmaximum
- -10dB: -10 dBVmaximum
- Gain Adjustment Range: 10 dB
- RF Transmitter Output: 10 mW, typical
- Dimensions: 8.82 in. X 2.09 in. (224 mm X 53 mm) L x Dia.
- Weight: 7.7 oz. (218 g) without batteries
- Housing: Molded ABS
- Power Requirements: 2 LR6 AA batteries, 1.5 V, alkaline
- Battery Life: up to 14 hours (alkaline)
- BLX88 Receiver
- Output Impedance
- XLR connector: 200 Ω
- 6.35 mm (1/4") connector: 50 Ω
- Audio Output Level Ref. ±33 kHz deviation with 1 kHz tone
- XLR connector: –27 dBV (into 100 kΩ load)
- 6.35 mm (1/4") connector: –13 dBV (into 100 kΩ load)
- RF Sensitivity: -105 dBm for 12 dB SINAD, typical
- Image Rejection: >50 dB, typical
- Dimensions:1.50 in. X 12.13 in. X 3.98in. (38 mm X 308 mm X 101 mm) H x W x D
- Weight:15.1 oz. (429 g)
- Housing: Molded ABS
- Power Requirements: 12–15 V DC @ 235 mA (BLX88, 320 mA), supplied by external power supply (tip positive)