The MVL-3.5MM Lavalier Microphone from Shure is an omnidirectional condenser lav mic that’s ideal for connecting to portable devices for superior acoustic clarity when capturing audio on the go. The MVL-3.5MM mic features RF interference protection, exceptional signal-to-noise ratio, the ability to handle high sound pressure levels (SPL), as well as a windscreen and clip that help you get set up and record right out of the box.
Achieve a professional polish to your audio, no matter what your project. Simply clip the MVL-3.5MM to your collar or lapel and plug it into your iOS or Android mobile device to start capturing clear, quality audio. Popular uses include interviews, videography, lectures, public speaking, or simply a low-profile way to capture content creation for social media.
This lav mic’s sleek design and low-profile build make it easy to place without causing any visual distraction. It can be plugged into a headphone jack using a 1/8” (3.5mm) TRRS connector. Compatible with many iOS audio and video recording apps, this member of the MOTIV series from Shure also comes with a free download of the ShurePlus™ MOTIV™ iOS app, letting you edit your recordings on the fly or share sound files via text, e-mail, or other file-sharing services.
Included with the MVL-3.5MM Lavalier Microphone is a windscreen for reducing pickup of background noise caused by wind, breath, or movement, a clothing clip for securely placing the mic on a presenter or performer, and a carrying pouch for secure storage or safe transportation.
More about Shure’s MOTIV App
The free ShurePlus MOTIV™ audio app effortlessly opens up tons of additional onscreen controls and exclusive features. Fast and simple to use, the MOTIV delivers the ability to record studio-caliber audio no matter where the opportunity—or inspiration—strikes. Personalize your mic gain, monitor mix, EQ, limiter, compressor, and more. Trim and share in multiple formats with a few quick taps.
Shure MVL-3.5MM Features
- Compatibility with the ShurePlus MOTIV Mobile Recording App and other iOS audio and video recording apps
- Sleek form factor for discrete appearance
- Plugs into headphone jack via a 1/8” (3.5mm) TRRS connector
- Omnidirectional microphone with exceptional signal-to-noise ratio
- For use with iOS and Android** devices
- MVL-3.5MM Lavalier Microphone1
- AMVL-WS Replacement Foam Windscreen1
- AMVL-BAG Drawstring Carrying Pouch1
- AMVL-CLIP Metal Tie Mount1
- Microphone Capsule MEMS
- Polar PatternOmnidirectional
- Frequency Response40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance350 ohms
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio65 dB
- Maximum SPL124 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range95 dB typical
- Sensitivity-44.0 dBV at 1 kHz (Pa=94 dB SPL)
- Equivalent Output Noise29 dB A-weighted
- Microphone Connector3.5 mm (1/8") TRRS (Tip=No Connection, Ring1=No Connection, Ring2=Ground, Sleeve=Audio Output and Bias Voltage)
- Microphone Bias2.7 V DC through 2.2 K Ω resistor
- HousingCast Zinc
- Dimensions15.2 mm x 5.5 mm x 132cm H x W x D
- Cable Diameter1.6 mm
- Net Weight (with cable)0.282 oz (8 g)