The QLXD24/B87A Wireless Vocal System with the Beta 87A handheld wireless condenser vocal microphone combines professional features with simplified setup and operation. The Shure Beta 87A captures brighter vocals with sparkling accuracy, bringing a more vibrant sound to the performance. Get up to 8 hours of use from either 2 AA batteries (included) or optional Shure SB903 Li-ion rechargeable batteries and charging accessories.
The Beta 87A Vocal Supercardioid Condenser Microphone
Highlight your vocals like they truly deserve with the Beta 87A. This best-selling, single-element, condenser vocal microphone is designed specifically to elevate the performance of every vocalist and deliver studio-grade clarity and crispness to live mixes. Beta 87A features tailored smooth frequency response that emphasizes upper midrange to raise vocal presence in the mix. It boasts a supercardioid polar pattern, delivering maximum voice isolation that cuts through the crowd, compensates for noise bleed from personal monitors, and ensures that your vocals stay in the spotlight. The electronically controlled low-end roll-off keeps the bass from blasting over the mix. An advanced cartridge shock-mount system absorbs mechanical noise, so you can go all in on your performance without distraction or distortion.
The QLXD2 Handheld Microphone Transmitter
Great for wireless vocals in presentation spaces, music venues, and houses of worship, the QLXD2 is ruggedly built and simple to set up. Boasting transparent 24-bit digital audio quality and incredibly efficient RF spectrum usage, this handheld mic transmitter quickly syncs with a wireless receiver over IR at the push of a button, then maintains its clear, uninterrupted signal over its full 100 m (330 ft.) range. And, when using just 2 AA alkaline batteries, you can enjoy up to 9 hours of continuous, wireless use.
Freedom and flexibility are hallmarks of the QLXD2. Selectable display mode shows group/channel, frequency, or battery runtime for quick checks and adjustments. Choose from a wide selection of compatible microphone options to achieve legendary Shure sound signatures. (Note: When purchasing separate wireless components, please match their frequency bands to ensure proper system operation.)
The QLXD4 Digital Wireless Receiver
Get the perfect balance of professional features and intuitive efficiency with the QLXD4 digital wireless receiver. This receiver has transparent 24-bit digital audio quality and incredibly efficient RF spectrum usage. Streamline your workflow: Find open frequencies fast with automatic scanning, then deploy them to transmitters using one-touch IR sync.
Experience expanded capabilities with ethernet networking. This allows you to use networked channel scanning across multiple receivers, remotely control settings from your computer via Wireless Workbench® software integration, and remote monitoring from iOS devices is also available (via the ShurePlus™ Channels Mobile App).
More about QLX-D Digital Wireless Systems
QLX-D® Digital Wireless systems deliver more wireless capacity to mid-size venues without compromising signal. Streamline setup across multiple receivers. The 24-bit digital audio and the wide frequency response capture the sound as clearly and accurately as it was produced. Wireless Workbench® software provides real-time access, monitoring, and control throughout the performance, allowing you to manage the system from your iOS device for maximum convenience. The rechargeable lithium-ion battery option extends performance on stage.
Shure QLXD24/B87A System
- Transparent 24-bit digital audio
- Extended 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency range (microphone dependent)
- 120 dB dynamic range
- Digital predictive switching diversity
- 64 MHz tuning bandwidth (region dependent)
- More than 60 available channels per frequency band (region dependent)
- Up to 17 compatible systems per 6MHz TV band; 22 systems per 8 MHz band
- Easy pairing of transmitters and receivers over IR scan and sync
- Automatic channel scan
- Ethernet networking for multiple receiver systems
- Network channel scanning configures open frequencies for networked receivers
- Compatible with Shure Wireless Workbench 6 control software
- Remote control from a mobile device or tablet via ShurePlus™ Channels app
- AES-256 encryption for secure wireless transmission
- Elegant and easy-to-use interface with high-contrast LCD menu
- Compatible with external control systems such as AMX or Crestron
- Professional-grade all-metal construction
- Transmitters use 2 AA batteries or Shure rechargeable battery
- QLXD4 Receiver1
- AA batteries2
- 1/2-wave antennas2
- BNC cables2
- Zipper Bag1
- BNC Bulkhead Adapters2
- Rackmount Kit1
- User Guide1
- PS24 Power Supply1
- RF Carrier Frequency Range 470–937.5 MHz, varies by region (See Frequency Range and Output Power table)
- Working Range 100 m ( 328 ft)
- RF Tuning Step Size 25 kHz, varies by region
- Image Rejection >70 dB, typical
- RF Sensitivity -97 dBm (at 10-5 BER)
- Latency <2.9 ms
- Audio Frequency Response
- QLXD1: 20 – 20 kHz (±1 dB)
- QLXD2: Dependent on microphone type
- Audio Dynamic Range (System Gain @ +10) >120 dB, A-weighted, typical
- Total Harmonic Distortion (−12 dBFS input, System Gain @ +10) <0.1%
- System Audio Polarity Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 (with respect to pin 3 of XLR output) and the tip of the 6.35 mm (1/4-inch) output.
- Operating Temperature Range0°F (-18°C) to 122°F (50°C)
- Storage Temperature Range -20°F (-29°C) to 165°F (74°C)