With an interchangeable BETA 87C microphone capsule, the ULXD2/B87C delivers uncompromising audio quality and RF performance, as well as AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission.
Please Note: When purchasing separate wireless components, please match their frequency bands to ensure proper system operation.
The Beta 87C Microphone Capsule
The Beta 87C microphone capsule delivers a smooth tailored response for a warm, natural studio-grade performance. The Beta 87C’s uniform cardioid pattern provides maximum sound isolation and minimum off-axis tone coloration, rejecting ambient sound from the rear of the microphone—perfect for singers using personal monitor systems. The cartridge is shielded by a proven shock mount system to absorb mechanical shock and minimize handling noise.
The ULXD2 Digital Handheld Transmitter
Providing enhanced mobility and flexibility—yet in a rugged construction for confident long-term use no matter what the application—the ULXD2 is a handheld wireless transmitter that is compatible with Shure’s ULX-D Digital Wireless Systems.
The ULXD2 proprietary Gain Ranging optimizes the system’s dynamic range for any input source, so you no longer need to adjust the transmitter. Use Transmitter Mute Mode to reassign controls to the On/Off switch, changing it into a Mute Switch so you can turn off audio without sacrificing RF channel presence. It also features frequency and power lockout, a backlit display for efficient navigation and settings control, and much more. In addition, the ULXD2 comes with integrated AES 256-bit encryption, ensuring secure transmission.
This handheld transmitter features a durable, all-metal build, as well as external charging contacts for docked charging (with the SBC200 Dual Docking Charger, sold separately).
More about ULX-D Digital Wireless Systems
Shure’s ULX-D® Digital Wireless series offers secure, scalable, and durable systems for large installations such as conferences and conventions. Get wireless coverage for your entire campus. From managing diverse sound sources to protecting RF from smartphones and interferences from other stray signals, ULX-D delivers an intelligent, unique solution to wireless problems of all shapes and sizes.
Shure ULXD/B87C Features
- AES 256-bit encryption for applications for which secure transmission is needed
- Proprietary Shure Gain Ranging optimizes the system's dynamic range for any input source, eliminating the need for transmitter gain adjustments
- Can be used with SB900B lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack (sold separately)
- External charging contacts for docked charging with SBC200 dual docking charger (sold separately)
- Transmitter Mute Mode repurposes the On/Off switch into a mute switch, enabling audio muting while preserving RF channel presence
- Backlit LCD with easy to navigate menu and controls
- Rugged metal construction
- Frequency and power lockout
- ULXD2/B87C digital handheld transmitter1
- Gain offset range0 to 21dB (in 3dB steps)
- Battery typeShure SB900B rechargeable li-ion or AA batteries 1.5V
- Battery runtime @10mW8-9 hours (battery dependent)
- Capsule typeelectret condenser
- Polar patterncardioid
- Dimensions10.1" long x 2" diameter
- Weight12 oz (without batteries)
- Audio input
- Configuration: unbalanced
- Preamp EIN: 120dBV, A-weighted, typical (system gain setting >+20)
- RF output
- Antenna type: integrated single band helical
- Occupied bandwidth: >200kHz
- Modulation type: Shure Proprietary Digital
- Power: 1mW, 10mW, 20mW