With an interchangeable SM58 microphone cartridge, the ULXD2/SM58 delivers uncompromising audio quality and RF performance, and AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission. The ULXD2/SM58 Handheld Wireless Microphone Transmitter works with ULX-D Wireless Systems.
Please Note: When purchasing separate wireless components, please match their frequency bands to ensure proper system operation.
The SM58 Vocal Dynamic Microphone
A legendary mainstay of live performances, the SM58 is the mic that set the world standard. Boasting a classic look and world-renowned engineering, the SM58 is a durable, versatile mic that handles vocals with clarity and precision. It features a uniform cardioid polar pattern that faithfully reproduces your vocals so that they sound their best. An integrated pneumatic shock mount absorbs handling noise, so your sound doesn’t get lost in vibration. Meanwhile, the iconic spherical mesh grille and the mic’s built-in pop filter protect your audio from wind and plosives. This ruggedly-built mic is designed specifically to handle the rigors of touring and travel, so you can take it anywhere with you and perform on the go with confidence. Also included with the SM58 is a break-resistant swivel stand adapter and a storage bag to protect it from dust or other debris while in storage.
The ULXD2 Digital Handheld Transmitter
Providing enhanced mobility and flexibility—yet in a rugged construction for confident long-term use no matter what the application—the ULXD2 is a handheld wireless transmitter that is compatible with Shure’s ULX-D Digital Wireless Systems.
The ULXD2 proprietary Gain Ranging optimizes the system’s dynamic range for any input source, so you no longer need to adjust the transmitter. Use Transmitter Mute Mode to reassign controls to the On/Off switch, changing it into a Mute Switch so you can turn off audio without sacrificing RF channel presence. It also features frequency and power lockout, a backlit display for efficient navigation and settings control, and much more. In addition, the ULXD2 comes with integrated AES 256-bit encryption, ensuring secure transmission.
This handheld transmitter features a durable, all-metal build, as well as external charging contacts for docked charging (with the SBC200 Dual Docking Charger, sold separately).
More about ULX-D Digital Wireless Systems
Shure’s ULX-D® Digital Wireless series offers secure, scalable, and durable systems for large installations such as conferences and conventions. Get wireless coverage for your entire campus. From managing diverse sound sources to protecting RF from smartphones and interferences from other stray signals, ULX-D delivers an intelligent, unique solution to wireless problems of all shapes and sizes.
Shure ULXD2/SM58 Features
- AES 256-bit encryption for applications for which secure transmission is needed
- Proprietary Shure Gain Ranging optimizes the system's dynamic range for any input source, eliminating the need for transmitter gain adjustments
- Can be used with SB900 rechargeable battery pack (sold separately)
- External charging contacts for docked charging with SBC200 dual docking charger (sold separately)
- Transmitter Mute Mode repurposes the On/Off switch into a mute switch, enabling audio muting while preserving RF channel presence
- Backlit LCD with easy to navigate menu and controls
- Rugged metal construction
- Frequency and power lockout
- ULXD2/SM58 digital handheld transmitter1
- Gain offset range0 to 21dB (in 3dB steps)
- Battery typeSB900 rechargeable li-ion or AA batteries 1.5V
- Battery runtime @10mW8-9 hours (battery dependent)
- Capsule typedynamic
- Polar patterncardioid
- Dimensions10.1" length x 2" diameter
- Weight12 oz (without batteries)
- Audio input
- Configuration: unbalanced
- Preamp EIN: 120dBV, A-weighted, typical (system gain setting >+20)
- RF output
- Antenna type: integrated single band helical
- Occupied bandwidth: >200kHz
- Modulation type: Shure Proprietary Digital
- Power: 1mW, 10mW, 20mW