The ULXD4D from Shure is a 1RU-rack, networkable dual-channel wireless receiver for use with ULX-D Digital Wireless Systems. The ULXD4D provides uncompromising wireless performance and is available in different frequencies. Its all-metal chassis houses two independent receivers, with receiver outputs that can be either direct or summed for versatile signal routing. This unit offers a wide range of features—such as 24-bit / 48 kHz digital audio quality, efficient and intelligent RF performance, Digital Predictive Switching Diversity, up to 64 MHz tuning range, and AES 256-bit encryption for security.
The ULXD4D boasts a rugged, lightweight, and compact build and incorporates an intuitive design that makes it easy to use and personalize to the specific needs of your project. It features audio and RF LED meters with peak indicators for instant settings updates, as well as gain adjustment buttons on the front panel for easy access, allowing you to effortlessly provide up to 60 dB of additional gain. An LCD menu on its front panel allows for streamlined control, while the display screen itself can be adjusted for contrast and brightness—so you can confidently view your settings at a glance, even in dimmer lighting environments. The LCD menu also includes a lockout feature for added security.
Go wireless the way it was meant to be. The ULXD4D’s High-Density mode optimizes the ULX-D system to simultaneously operate significantly more channels in applications up to 30 meters apart. Enjoy streamlined setup functions with ethernet networking across multiple receivers, connecting Wireless Workbench® 6 integration, and AMX/Crestron control. Support for frequency coordination is provided with the Axient® Spectrum Manager.
The ULXD4D’s intelligent scanning functionality makes it easy to detect frequencies and pair transmitters, automatically finding and deploying the cleanest frequencies to transmitters via IR sync. Meanwhile, interference detection and alerts (provided on both this receiver and Wireless Workbench® 6) ensure that your signal remains top-quality.
Please Note: When purchasing separate wireless components, please match their frequency bands to ensure proper system operation.
More about ULX-D Digital Wireless Systems
Shure’s ULX-D® Digital Wireless series offers secure, scalable, and durable systems for large installations such as conferences and conventions. Get wireless coverage for your entire campus. From managing diverse sound sources, to protecting RF from smartphones and interferences from other stray signals, ULX-D delivers an intelligent, unique solution to wireless problems of all shapes and sizes.
Shure ULXD4D Features
- Two receivers in a rugged 1RU metal chassis with internal power supply
- Individual gain controls, LED meters, and XLR outputs for each channel
- Up to 64 MHz tuning range (region dependent)
- Digital predictive switching diversity
- High Density mode optimizes ULX-D systems to simultaneously operate significantly more channels in applications up to 30 meters
- RF cascade ports allow distribution of RF signal to another unit
- Optimized scanning automatically finds, prioritizes, and deploys the cleanest frequencies to transmitters over IR sync
- Bodypack frequency diversity ensures uninterrupted audio for mission-critical applications
- AES 256-bit encryption-enabled for secure transmission
- Audio summing routes both audio channels to each XLR receiver output
- Dante™ digital networked audio over Ethernet
- Up to 60 dB independently adjustable gain for each channel
- Ethernet networking for streamlined frequency coordination and deployment across multiple receivers
- Wireless Workbench® 6 (WWB6) software integration for advanced coordination, monitoring, and control
- AMX/Crestron® control
- AXT600 Axient® Spectrum Manager compatible
- Yamaha® device ID allows simplified channel patching on CL consoles
- Intuitive front panel LCD menu and controls with lockout feature
- Audio and RF LED meters with peak indicator
- XLR connectors with switchable mic/line output level
- Remoteable 1/2" wave antennas
- ULXD4D dual-channel digital wireless receiver1
- Power requirement100 to 240V AC, 50-60Hz, 0.26A max
- Weight7.4 pounds (3.36 kg) without antennas
- Dimensions (HxWxD)1.7" x 18.9" x 10.8"
- Housingsteel, extruded aluminum
- Audio output
- Gain adjustment range: -18 to +42dB (in 1dB steps, plus mute setting)
- Configuration: XLR balanced (1=ground, 2=audio+, 3=audio-)
- Impedance: 100Ω
- Full scale output: +18dBV (line setting), -12dBV (mic setting)
- Mic/line switch: 30dB pad
- Cascade output
- Connector type: BNC
- Configuration: unbalanced, passive
- Impedance: 50Ω
- Insertion loss: 0dB
- Network interface: Dual Port Ethernet 10/100 Mbps, 1Gbps, Dante Digital Audio
- Network addressing capability: DHCP or Manual IP address
- Max cable length: 328 ft (100 m)
- RF input
- Spurious rejection: >80dB, typical
- Connector type: BNC
- Impedance: 50Ω
- Bias voltage: 12 to 13 V DC, 150mA