Mic sold separately.
Experience the freedom of wireless and the versatility of gooseneck miking with the ULXD8 Gooseneck Base Transmitter from Shure. This base transmitter is ideal for speaking environments where wired miking is inconvenient, such as meetings and events as well as large conference or convention venues and live sound reinforcement.
Feature-Packed and Intuitive
Achieve uncompromising results with the ULXD8’s pristine audio quality and RF performance, as well as AES-256 encryption for secure transmission, and many more features. Adjustable settings allow you to fine-tune RF power, high-pass filter, and power lock. Other intuitive functionalities include a Configurable Mute button (Toggle, Push-to-Mute, Push-to-Talk, disabled) and Mute LED behavior.
Mix and match components to achieve a wireless system that exactly meets your needs. Enjoy low latency, long transmission ranges (up to 300 feet/100 meters), a high channel count, and more.
The ULXD8 is designed to pair with a ULX-D or QLX-D digital receiver. Choose from Shure Microflex® MX405, MX410, and MX415 gooseneck microphones, as well as Microflex MX410DF and MX415DF Dualflex gooseneck microphones (mic sold separately from base).
This base transmitter is also compatible with Shure’s entire line of antennas and distribution components; this allows you to use up to 200 ULXD8 units with just one pair of receiving antennas, for a streamlined, efficient wireless setup.
The ULXD8 is compatible with standard AA alkaline batteries, but also has the option to run on SB900B rechargeable batteries (sold separately). When operating on SB900B, the ULXD8 provides up to 9 hours of continual runtime. Additionally, the optional accessories of the SBC450 (4-bay) and SBC850 (8-bay) Networked Charging Stations allow convenient docking and charging when transmitters are not in use (these charging stations are sold separately).
Please Note: When purchasing separate wireless components, please match their frequency bands to ensure proper system operation.
More about ULX-D Digital Wireless Systems
Shure’s ULX-D® Digital Wireless series offers secure, scalable, and durable systems for large installations such as conferences and conventions. Get wireless coverage for your entire campus. From managing diverse sound sources, to protecting RF from smartphones and interferences from other stray signals, ULX-D delivers an intelligent, unique solution to wireless problems of all shapes and sizes.
Shure ULXD8 Features
- Designed for use with Shure Microflex® MX405, MX410, and MX415 gooseneck microphones, as well as Microflex MX410DF and MX415DF Dualflex gooseneck microphones
- Very low latency
- Ideal for meetings that require live sound reinforcement
- Long transmission range (up to 300 feet/100 meters)
- Compatible with the full line of Shure antennas and distribution components, allowing up to 200 ULXD8 gooseneck base transmitters to be used with just one pair of receiving antennas for efficient setup
- Compatible with ULX-D® and QLX-D® digital receivers
- Optional SB900A rechargeable batteries provide up to 9 hours of runtime
- Compatible with standard AA alkaline batteries
- Optional SBC450 (4-bay) and SBC850 (8-bay) Networked Charging Stations allow convenient docking and charging when transmitters are not in use
- Configurable Mute button (Toggle, Push-to-Mute, Push-to-Talk, disabled) and Mute LED behavior
- Adjustable RF power, high-pass filter, and power lock settings
- ULXD8 wireless gooseneck base transmitter1
- Gain adjustment range0 to 21dB (in 3dB steps)
- Battery typeSB900B rechargeable Li-Ion or AA batteries 1.5V
- Battery runtime @10mWapproximately 8.5 hours, battery dependent
- Audio input
- Microphone connector: 6-pin connector for Shure MX405/10/15
- Configuration: unbalanced
- Impedance: >20 kΩ
- RF output
- Antenna type: integrated PIFA
- Impedance: 50Ω
- Occupied bandwidth: <200 kHz
- Audio frequency response: 50Hz to 17kHz (varies with capsule)
- Modulation type: Shure proprietary digital
- Power: 1mW, 10mW, 20mW
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 113°F (0°C to 45°C)
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 5.39" x 3.08" x 1.6"
- Weight: 10.33 oz (293 g)