Control the A20-Mini from your phone or tablet via Bluetooth 5.2 with companion app A20-Remote. The A20-Mini’s high-efficiency internal 2.4 GHz antenna ensures excellent Bluetooth range.The sleek, rounded form fits perfectly into body contours and underneath tight clothing.
With the Mini’s GainForward Architecture, easily set the transmitter’s gain, low-cut, and limiter directly on your 8-Series.
The A20-Mini records in 32-bit float for an astounding >130 dB of dynamic range. This allows for audio gain decisions to be made after recording, with zero loss in headroom or noise performance.
No more SD card management – the ample-sized media stores more than 80 hours of continuous, uncompressed 48 kHz, 32-bit float recording. Simply offload the recorded WAV files via the high-speed USB-C port to a computer.
The Mini’s ultra-accurate 0.2 ppm internal timecode generator can be jammed via USB-C with negligible drift over a 24-hour period.
3 AAA batteries or a rechargeable Sony NP-BX1 give you the ultimate in powering flexibility. You can even recharge the NP-BX1 via the Mini’s USB-C.
With a built-in 470 MHz to 694 MHz UHF tuning range, your Mini can go wherever work takes you.
Sound Devices A20 Mini Features
- Small size, big features
- Compatible with Audio Limited A10-RX receiver
- GainForward Architecture
- 32-bit float recording
- Built-in 64 GB media
- Flexible, worldwide operation
- Power with 3 AAA batteries or rechargeable Sony NP-BX1
- Sony NP-BX1 can be recharged from Mini's USB-C
- A20-MINI miniature digital wireless transmitter1
- Straight antenna (470-548MHz)1
- Straight antenna (548-638MHz)1
- Uncut antenna1
- Antenna caps3
- Frequency Range470 to 694 MHz
- RF Output Power
- Off, Low: 2mW
- Normal: 10mW
- High: 20mW
- Max: 40mW
- Modulation ModeSound Devices proprietary digital RF modulation
- Audio Frequency Response10Hz - 20,000Hz +/-1dB re 1kHz
- Audio Input Type
- Lavalier microphone via 3-pin LEMO
- Pin-1 ground
- Pin-2 5V bias
- Pin-3 audio/bias (8kΩ to 5V)
- Bias Power5 V
- Input Impedance8kΩ
- Input Clipping Level+5dBu
- Dynamic Range130 dB min (A-weighted)
- Menu and Controls
- Power & Pair button protected inside battery compartment
- A20-Remote, mobile device application of iOS, iPad, and Android
- Remote ControlA20-Remote Android, iOS, and iPad app via Bluetooth 5.2LE
- Recording Media
- Internal 64GB
- 10% over-provisioned for optimum performance
- Recording File Format
- 32 Bit Float, 48kHz, Monophonic
- Broadcast WAV (<4 GB), RF64 WAV (>4 GB)
- Simultaneous Record and Transmit mode is not available
- Timecode (LTC)
- Input via XL-TC-USBC-LEMO or XL-TC-USBC-BNC: 0.3 V - 3 V p-p (–17 dBu to +3 dBu), 20k ohm impedance
- Output via XL-TC-USBC-LEMO: 3 V p-p, 400 ohm impedance
- Timecode Clock
- 0.2ppm accuracy
- Holds accurate clock for four hours while powered down with batteries inserted, holds for one hour without batteries via internal supercap
- Auto Jams timecode from LTC source via USB-C connector, or from optional PowerStation-8M
- Timecode Frame Rates
- 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97 DF, 29.97 ND, 30 DF, 30 ND
- Frame rates are auto-detected from incoming source
- Mass Storage (USB-C): USB 2.0 high speed for file transfer
- Powers A20-MINI
- 3x AAA batteries (Energizer Ultimate AAA Lithium primary batteries recommended), or Sony NP-BX1 rechargeable Li-Ion
- Built-in Li-Ion charger via USB-C (7.5 W or more needed)
- Sony NP-BX1 is rechargeable via optional PowerStation-8M
- Dimensions (HxWxD)2.98" x 1.88" x 0.74"
- Weight1.8 oz (without batteries)