The TSSD-480B can handle 64 channels of recording at 48kHz/24-bit for up to 14 hours and 26 minutes. The TASCAM TSSD drives are useful when it comes to capturing long hours of recording such as for music festivals, concerts, and rehearsals.
Most SSD drives can see a big reduction in writing speed as files get fragmented due to repeated writing. If the drive slows down in the middle of a 64-track recording, you might see dropouts in your recording. Through research and development, TASCAM has learned that this effect can be minimized when using the right control IC for reliable recording performance. The result is their TSSD series of custom hard drives, designed for the challenges of high-channel-count recording.
Tascam TSSD-480B Features
- Can handle 64 channels of recording at 48kHz/24-bit for up to 14 hours and 26 minutes
- Ideal for high-channel count recordings and long hours of recording
- TSSD-480B Solid State Drive1
- Form Factor2.5"
- InterfaceSerial ATA Rev.1.0(1.5Gb/s) / 2.0(3Gb/s) / 3.0(6Gb/s) * Uses Serial ATA Revision 2.0 when operating with model DA-6400
- Capacity240GB(TSSD-240A) / 480GB(TSSD-480A, TSSD-480B)
- Vibration Tolerance (when idle)15 G peak, 10-2000 Hz
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)2,000,000 hours
- Consumtpion Current
- During File-Write: 0.53A
- When Idle: 110mA
- Weightapprox. 75 g (2.65 oz)