The M82 Broadcast Package from Telefunken caters to the M82's abilities as a broadcast and voice-over microphone, and includes an M786 radio boom arm with built-in XLR cable, an M700 elastic shock mount, and a 5-meter right angle XLR cable.
The M82 features both a high boost EQ setting, allowing you to boost frequencies to accentuate the vocal range, allowing it to be used on vocals as well as kick drum. A zippered case is included for storing the M82 when not in use.
The M82 Large Diaphragm Dynamic Microphone from Telefunken is designed to capture kick drums and broadcast vocals and can also be used with general vocals, percussion, broadcast voice, guitar amplifiers, bass amplifiers, organ, and brass instruments. It has an end-address configuration, a 35mm diaphragm, and features two separate EQ switches, allowing you to tailor the microphone's response to your sound source. These two switches work independently of each other and can be used together or not at all.
The kick EQ switch engages a passive filter that reduces the lower mid-range frequencies centered around 350 Hz, commonly cut when processing a kick drum. This keeps your kick drum from sounding "boxy" and allows the low end to remain strong. The high boost switch tilts the upper mid-range and high frequencies, starting around 2 kHz, with a 6 dB boost by 10 kHz. For kick drum use, this offers more beater attack when placed inside of a kick drum. For a source such as vocals or guitar amps, the high boost provides further articulation and airiness in the upper register.
Telefunken M82-BP Features
- Dynamic transducer with cardioid polar pattern
- Two separate EQ switches: a kick EQ switch and a high boost switch
- Designed to capture kick drums and broadcast vocals
- Suitable for general vocals, percussion, broadcast voice, guitar amplifiers, bass amplifiers, organ, and brass instruments
- Includes leather carrying case and microphone clip
- M82 cardioid dynamic microphone1
- M786 radio boom arm with built-in XLR cable1
- M700 elastic shock mount1
- 5m (16.4 ft) right angle XLR cable1
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Range25 Hz - 18 kHz, ±3 dB
- Output Impedance250 ohms
- Sensitivity1.85 mV/Pa, ±1 dB
- TransformerTELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik T80
- Max. SPL (for 1% THD)146 dB
- Dimensions6.1" length x 2.48" diameter
- Weight15.31 oz