Volt 176 is for singers, songwriters, musicians, livestreamers, and podcasters who want to easily record audio with big studio tone. Plug right in to your Mac, PC, iPad, or iPhone and Volt 176 just shows up — ready to capture your inspiration with professional sound, courtesy of Universal Audio.
From the team that brought you the game-changing Apollo interface, Volt 176 delivers superior studio sound quality, with more character and tone than any USB interface in its class.
Few sounds can compare to a vintage Universal Audio 610 tube preamp, as used to record everyone from Ray Charles to Van Halen. Volt 176 gives you the rich, full sound of this classic UA mic/line/instrument preamp, thanks to its built-in tube emulation circuitry, a UA exclusive.
Get album-ready punch and presence with Volt 176's onboard 76 Compressor — an innovative analog circuit inspired by UA's classic 1176 Limiting Amplifier. The 76 Compressor features three perfectly tailored presets to tame voice, guitars, synths, and drum machines. Just plug in, pick a setting, and play.
Volt 176 gives you simple 1-in/2-out audio connections. Just plug a mic or instrument into the front panel. Then connect your speakers or headphones to monitor your audio with no latency. With Volt, you’ll be creating like a pro, fast.
Featuring rugged metal construction, retro wood sides, and sleek industrial design, Volt 176 elevates your production space with impeccable style, built to last decades.
Universal Audio Volt 176 Features
- Desktop 1-in/2-out USB audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion for Mac, PC, iPad, and iPhone
- Vintage Mic Preamp mode for recording voice or guitar with the rich, full sound of a classic UA tube preamp
- Built-in 76 Compressor adds instant clarity and punch to voice, instruments, and other sources with all-new analog circuit based on UA's iconic 1176
- Essential suite of audio and music software from Ableton, Melodyne, UJAM's Virtual Drummer, Marshall, Ampeg, and more
- Studio-quality headphone amplifier for loud, clear monitoring
- USB bus powered to reduce cable clutter
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Direct Monitoring for latency-free recording
- Stylish, rugged construction built to withstand years of use
- 1-in/1-out MIDI connections
- Volt 176 USB 2.0 Audio Interface1
- USB-C to USB-A cable1
- Included Software
- Marshall Plexi Classic Amp Bundle by Softube
- Ableton Live 11 Lite
- Melodyne Essential by Celemony
- Ampeg® SVT-VR Classic Bass Bundle by Plugin Alliance
- LX480 Essentials by Relab Development
- Virtual Drummer DEEP by UJAM
- Virtual Bassist DANDY by UJAM
- LABS by Spitfire Audio