Whether you play guitar, bass, keyboards or another stringed instrument, you'll need a direct box that won't diminish your instrument's tone, like the Direct Box Passive from Warm Audio. Built around world-famous CineMag USA Transformer topology and engineering, it's like no other DI Boxes in the world. Constructed with top-tier discrete components housed in rugged aluminum chassis' that include switches, knobs and connectors that are all designed to withstand heavy abuse on the road or in the studio.
Warm Audio DI boxes offer the rare versatility of having an onboard variable pad knob which attenuates your input signal all the way from -3dB to -30dB, which will easily tame any instrument input source. The direct box offers a Thru-put jack that is jumpered to the input jack. It is a convenience jack allowing you to send your instrument's signal to a second place in addition to the live mixer or recording device. The direct box can also take a recorded signal at line level and send it to another line input while simultaneously sending signal out of the XLR mic level output of the direct box.
Direct Box Passive is best for balancing the signal of instruments with active electronics, but still performs extremely well on passive pickups by producing a frequency range that exceeds the bandwidth of most passive DI boxes on the market.
Warm Audio WA-DI-P Features
- Custom-wound Cinemag USA output transformer
- Converts instruments to mic-level signals without signal degradation
- Ideal solution for plugging your instrument direct into any mic pre
- Top-quality Class A components with gold-plated traces on circuit board
- Rugged aluminum construction
- WA-DI-P passive direct box1
- Frequency Response20Hz to 70,000Hz (+/-0.5dB)
- .01% from 20Hz to 100Hz
- less than .004% from 100Hz to 20,000Hz
- Input Impedance1 meg ohms
- Balanced Outputs600 Ω, mic level
- Padvariable from -3dB to -30dB
- Dimensions5.25" x 4.9" x 1.8"