Proton Duo combines a Waves Proton SoundGrid server, an Axis Proton audio-optimized computer, and a built-in network switch – all in one compact device.
For the first time ever, you can add more plugin processing power via a SoundGrid server, and run Waves applications on a customized computer designed for outstanding audio performance – all using one slim elegant unit, instead of two separate devices.
In addition to boosting your DSP power, Proton Duo is optimized through meticulous selection of components to run the Waves eMotion LV1 live mixer, the SuperRack live plugin host, and the SoundGrid Studio application, on systems of up to 32 channels at 48kHz.
With server, computer and switch all rolled into one, Proton Duo is the most compact and portable Waves processing unit yet. Easily mount using rack ears or placed side-by-side with an additional half-rack 1U device within a rack mounting system. Preconfigured, wired, and ready to go straight out of the box, Proton Duo is designed for quick setup: Just plug it into your I/O, anytime, anywhere -- and you’re ready to mix.
Waves Proton Duo Features
- Proton server & Axis Proton computer in one compact unit
- Server adds plugin processing power to your system
- Designed for systems up to 32 channels at 48kHz
- Computer optimized for running Waves applications
- DesOnly 1U half-rack: small enough to fit in your backpackigned for systems up to 32 channels
- Use with a SoundGrid I/O for real-time plugin processing
- Ultra-low latency: only 0.8 milliseconds at 48 kHz
- Built-in network switch
- Quiet design with minimal fan noise
- CPU: Intel® Celeron®
- 4GB RAM (Proton server); 8GB RAM (Axis Proton computer)
- 256HDD storage
- Windows 10 included
- 3x HDMI, 5x USB 3.0, 4x USB 2.0, 5x RJ45 Ethernet ports
- 6-month warranty
- Proton Duo1
- Windows 101
- Note for DiGiCo SD Series UsersAn additional supported network switch is required for successful SuperRack DiGiCo integration when connecting a Proton Duo to DiGiCo SD consoles.
- CPU: Celeron J4125
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: SSD 256GB
- Storage Server: SSD 64GB
- OS: Windows 10
- RAM Server: 4GB
- Motherboard: mITX-4125A-WV
- LAN Card: Realtek
- Operating CPU Temperature: 194°F (90°C)
- Max CPU Temperature: °F / °C: 221°F/105°C
- 1 x HDMI
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 5 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0
- 2 x HDMI
- 1 x Lan port (RJ45)
- 4 x SoundGrid ports (RJ45)
- Power Consumption (100~240VAC 50/60Hz)30W (at 100-120V)
- IEC Connector30W (at 220V)
- Sampling Rates44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz
- Operating Environment Temperature Range50°F to 95°F (10°C to 35°C)
- Max. Environment Temperature104°F (40°C)
- Dimensions (WxHxD)8.7" x 1.7" x 10.9"