The IR+ Control Center provides audio over Wi-Fi and Infrared. Infrared is best used for assistive audio in large spaces, or for secured audio transmission within a room. Connect the IR M1 to a Wi-Fi multicast router or in-house network you can stream audio over Wi-Fi to the Williams AV WaveCAST app (available in the iOS app store or Google Play store).
The IR+ Control Center features a distributed infrared emitter array architecture allowing up to four emitters either stacked together for large room arrays or distributed throughout the room to accommodate wings in room design, balconies or other obscured venue locations.
The rack mounted or remotely located IR M1 Control Center comes standard with support for up to four IR emitters. Each emitter runs back to the modulator via a CAT5e cable, providing the audio and power needed to support the remote emitter. Each emitter has a coverage area of 18,000 sq. ft. Firmware updates are currently unable to be completed on Mac computers.
Williams AV IR M1 IR+ Features
- Provides audio over Wi-Fi and Infrared
- Distributed infrared emitter array architecture allowing up to four emitters either stacked together or distributed t
- The rack mounted or remotely located IR M1 Control Center comes standard with support for up to four IR emitters
- Each emitter runs back to the modulator via a CAT5e cable, providing the audio and power needed to support the remote emitter
- Each emitter has a coverage area of 18,000 sq. ft.
- IR M1 IR+ Control Center1
- Two Year Warranty1
- Dimensions19” (W) x 1.75” (H) x 8.2” (D) (48.3 cm x 4.5 cm x 20.8 cm)
- Weight5.2lbs (2.4 kg)
- Rack MountSingle Rack Unit
- Power SupplyInternational Desktop Supply
- Input 36 W, 110-240 VAC 50-60 Hz
- Output +48VDC, 0.75A center-positive
- Power SwitchRocker switch with LED
- Signal to Noise Ratio67 dB (typical)
- ModulationFM Wideband, +50kHz deviation, 50uS pre-emphasis
- Carrier FrequencySelectable, 2.3/2.8 or 3.3/3.8MHz
- Frequency Response40 to 16,000Hz, +1 dB, -3dB, electrical response
- Total Harmonic DistortionLess than 2%, electrical response
- Audio Processor FunctionsDSP based; Compression 1:1, 1.5:1, or 2:1; High-pass and low-pass filter frequency control
- Auto Carrier Shut-OffAdjustable timer shuts off carrier when no audio is present. Adjustable through webpage.
- Infrared Test LEDDual IR LED for receiver testing, monitoring, and audio signal testing.
- Audio Input(2x) Combination 3-pin XLR, 1/4” (TRS) jack for balanced or unbalanced line level, or balanced or unbalanced microphone with selectable phantom power
- Internal Test Tone400 Hz internal test tone selectable as audio input source for setup and diagnostics
- Remote ConfigurationAvailable through embedded website
- Headphone Output(2) 1/4″ headphone jacks on front panel for monitoring CH A and CH B audio inputs
- Emitter Output JackFour RJ-45 ports for CAT5e cables; provides +48VDC Power, RS-485 communication, and Baseband signals for IR transmission.
- Operating requirements0-50ºC ambient temperature, non-condensing, non-corrosive atmosphere
- ApprovalsCE, FCC, RoHS, RCM, WEEE, CB Scheme, ISED, VCCI
- Warranty2 years on Modulator, 90 days on accessories