Combine the sound and feel of a traditional piano with all the advantages of digital keyboard technology in the Yamaha CP88 stage piano. Built with the discerning pianist in mind, the CP88 piano has authentic sound for traditional and electric pianos, as well as a variety of other instrument and synth sounds. Keys feel and respond the same way as a grand piano, helping your performance feel natural. With this piano’s sound quality, design, intuitive use, and easy transport, this piano is popular among musicians playing gigs, music students, and in houses of worship.
Sound quality won’t disappoint with the assortment of instrument samples to choose from. Hear full dynamic expression and nuance in the three grand piano sound options: Yamaha’s CFX and S700 pianos, and Bösendorfer Imperial 290 piano. Signature Yamaha acoustic upright pianos U1 and SU7 were sampled for the acoustic options. For electric piano and keyboard sound choose from the Yamaha CP80, three Rd pianos, and a Wr reed electric piano. Other sound features include transistor and pipe organs, clavi, tonewheel, synths, strings, and more.
Further customize sound with the piano’s included effects. Dedicated effects are divided into each of the 3 sections – piano, electric piano, and sub – with master effects for delay, reverb and EQ. Effects continue the authenticity of sampled instruments with virtual circuitry modeling (VCM). VCM models the circuits down to the original analog component level for a sound and style comparable to vintage effects and high-end studio signal processors.
Key design gives the feel of playing a grand piano to the CP88. Natural wood keys have the weight and response you’d expect from a grand or acoustic piano, with a heavier feel in the low end of the piano’s range. Lightly porous synthetic ebony and ivory key tops add a slight grip to the keys, helping maintain accuracy throughout long performances and practice sessions. Key repetition also imitates a grand piano, with a triple sensor allowing notes to be re-articulated without being completely released.
This user-friendly piano makes for a great experience whatever your setting. Onboard USB MIDI and audio connectivity make it easy to connect and integrate the CP88 piano into your home studio or live rig setup. One-to-one interface makes splits, layers, sound-shaping and other adjustments convenient and easy to use. Without having to program or search through a menu, you can alter your sound as you play. Among the lightest and most compact stage pianos in its class, Yamaha’s CP88 is easy to transport and can tolerate the bumps and bruises of being on the road.
Yamaha CP88 Features
- 88 natural wood, graded hammer keys with triple sensor have synthetic ebony and ivory key tops
- Authentic piano sounds from Yamaha grand pianos, acoustic upright pianos, and electric pianos
- Additional keyboard sounds, synths, strings, and more
- Realistic piano touch
- 128 note maximum polyphony
- Intuitive one-to-one user interface
- Master effects for delay, reverb, EQ
- Other effects dedicated by section for piano, electric piano, and sub
- Connect and integrate into your home studio or live rig with onboard USB MIDI and audio connectivity
- Light and compact for convenient and safe portability
- CP88 88-Key Stage Piano1
- Owner's Manual1
- Power cord1
- Foot pedal (FC3A)1
- Control Interface
- Number of Keys: 88
- Type: NW-GH (Natural Wood Graded Hammer) keyboard: synthetic ebony and ivory keytops
- Tone Generating Technology: AWM2
- Number of Polyphony (Max.): 128
- Preset Number of Voices: 57 (Piano: 10 / E. Piano: 14 / Sub: 33)
- Delay: 2 types (Analog, Digital)
- Reverb: 1 type (Hall)
- Master EQ: 3 bands (with sweepable MID)
- Insertion Effect: Piano: 2 systems (1: Damper Resonance / 2: Compressor, Distortion, Drive, Chorus), E. Piano: 3 systems (1: Drive / 2: Auto Pan, Tremolo, Ring Modulator, Touch Wah, Pedal Wah, Compressor / 3: Chorus1, Chorus2, Flanger, Phaser1, Phaser2, Phaser3), Sub: 1 system (Chorus/Flanger, Rotary Speaker, Tremolo, Distortion)
- Line Out: OUTPUT [L/MONO]/[R] (6.3 mm, standard phone jacks, UNBALANCED), OUTPUT [L]/[R] (XLR jacks, BALANCED)
- Headphones: [PHONES] (6.3 mm, standard stereo phone jack)
- Foot Controller: FOOT CONTROLLER /, FOOT SWITCH [SUSTAIN]/[ASSIGNABLE]
- MIDI: MIDI [IN]/[OUT]
- USB: USB [TO HOST]/[TO DEVICE]
- AUX: INPUT [L/MONO]/[R] (6.3 mm, standard phone jacks)
- ConnectorsAC IN
- DisplayFull Dot LCD (128 x 64 dots)
- Dimensions (W x H x D)51 1/8 x 5 9/16 x 14 5/16 inches (1298 x 141 x 364 mm)
- Weight41 lbs (18.6 kg)