The Rivage PM5 packs undiluted Rivage PM power and performance into a lightweight, intuitive console that is surprisingly slim. The addition of a third display screen has made it possible to offer a more touch-centric interface in a compact, significantly lighter console that is easier to transport, setup, and operate in a wide range of venues.
Rivage PM products ensure transparent uncolored sound in Hybrid Microphone Preamplifiers with analog input stages, digital sections with immaculate VCM-technology models of Rupert Neve Designs transformer and SILK processing circuitry that offer outstanding musicality and atmosphere. Add the latest refinements in channel EQ and dynamics, and you have extraordinary creative scope.
Yamaha offers two types of high-performance I/O Rack units for Rivage PM system input and output, each providing compatibility with a different audio network. One of those networks is TWINLANe, capable of carrying up to 400 audio channels via optical cable. Audinate Dante network compatibility, a standard feature in many other Yamaha consoles and pro audio products, is also available.
The Rivage PM channel EQ and dynamics have also been significantly updated and fine-tuned to match the innovations in the input section. The input channels feature 4-band full parametric EQ, while the output channels are equipped with 8-band full parametric EQ, with 4 algorithm types that include newly developed variations.
All five consoles in the Rivage PM series feature a similar interface with up to three bays of 12 faders each, touch-sensitive display panels, and the Yamaha Selected Channel Section. Engineers who are familiar with one RIVAGE PM console can easily switch to any other and be up and running in a matter of minutes. All Rivage PM system components are compatible, and components from earlier systems will work in combination with later systems. That goes for I/O racks as well as DSP engines, so in addition to operating them separately you can combine DSP engines in mirrored configurations for large applications, for example.
Yamaha CS-R5 RIVAGE PM5 Features
- Adds a third display screen
- Hybrid Microphone Preamplifiers with analog input stages
- Digital sections with immaculate VCM-technology models of Rupert Neve Designs transformer and SILK processing circuitry
- Advanced built-in plug-ins
- Two I/O types: TWINLANe and Audinate Dante network compatibility
- Channel EQ and compression updated and fine-tuned to match innovations to the input section
- Over 50 plug-ins
- Selected Channel section provides direct and fast access to all channel parameters
- Control send levels from Send/User Defined knobs for more control
- Easy-reach layout and improved sight line
- High-visibility fader meters
- Yamaha proprietary immersive sound control (AFC Image)
- Can be integrated with supported wireless receivers
- Overlay filter for rapid response
- Theatre mode
- DSP mirroring for failsafe redundancy
- Console file converter to share data between different Yamaha consoles
- CS-R5 RIVAGE PM5 control surface1
- AC power cord1
- Dust cover1
- Nuendo Live software1
- Mixing Capacity288 Inputs, 72 MIX + 36 MATRIX + 2 STEREO (DSP-RX-EX)
- Sampling Frequency, Internal Clock
- Frequency: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz
- Accuracy: ±50 ppm
- Jitter: 1.0 ns @Fs=88.2 kHz/96 kHz, 2.0 ns @Fs=44.1 kHz/48 kHz
- User Interface
- 100 mm touch-sensitive motorized fader (resolution=1024 steps) × 38
- 15" multi-touch screen (high brightness, wide view angle) x 3
- Touch sensitive knobs in the Selected Channel section
- Power Requirements100-240 V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption300 W
- Dimensions (WxHxD)56.85" x 16.29" x 25.32"
- Weight92.59 pounds