Yamaha designed the VXC speakers to accommodate a growing list of applications in the installation market. While these speakers deliver quintessential Yamaha sound quality, they have also been carefully designed for safe and easy installation. Speakers are available in black or white and can be painted to match the interior of any application.
VXC Series in-ceiling loudspeakers combine premium acoustical performance with an elegant industrial design. An internal transformer enables high-impedance operation while the 8-ohm bypass switch supports low impedance functionality helping simplify inventory and project management responsibilities.
VXC Series loudspeakers feature anti-drop tabs that enable them to be temporarily mounted in the ceiling for a safer and easier installation process. Moreover, an attached carrying handle makes it possible to carry enclosures with a single hand grip or clipped to a work belt via carabiner freeing hands for improved personal safety.
Superb music reproduction and articulate speech intelligibility for clear announcements is at the heart of all VXC Series loudspeakers. The smallest details from network component selection and placement of acoustic absorption material to custom designed transducers and enclosures built to optimize low frequency response, these have all been integrated to provide unprecedented natural sound reproduction.
Several aspects of these speakers' design reflect a strong emphasis on functionality as well as the aesthetic features of their construction—effectively enhancing sound quality and speaker performance without disturbing the interior décor of the installation. This concept is evident in the hexagonal design featured on the grille that actually improves sound clarity by raising the aperture ratio. The innovative design of the VXC's tweeter improves sound clarity by providing unrestricted woofer movement.
Yamaha VXC4 Features
- Full range loudspeaker with a 4" driver
- Internal transformer
- Built to optimize low frequency response
- Anti-drop tabs
- Attached carrying handle
- VXC4 4" full range ceiling speakers2
- Tile rail4
- Cutout template1
- Speaker Typefull-range, bass-reflex
- Frequency Range (-10dB)80Hz - 20,000Hz (Half-space:2π)
- Nominal Coverage130° conical (Half-space:2π)
- Components (LF-HF)4" full range
- Power Rating
- Noise: 30W
- PGM: 60W
- Peak: 120W
- Nominal Impedance8Ω
- Transformer Taps
- 100V: 30W (330Ω), 15W (670Ω), 7.5W (1.3kΩ)
- 70V: 30W (170Ω), 15W (330Ω), 7.5W (670Ω), 3.8W (1.3kΩ)
- Sensitivity (1W; 1m on axis): 87dB SPL (Half-space:2π)
- Peak (calculated): 108dB SPL (1m, Calculated based on power rating and sensitivity, exclusive of power compression)
- I/O Connectors1 x Euroblock (4P) : (Input: + / -, Loop Thru: + / -)
- CertificateUL1480, UL2043, NFPA70, CE, EAC, RoHS
- Cutout SizeØ7.31"
- Required Ceiling Board Thickness5mm - 35mm
- Dimensions8.9" diameter x 7.7" depth
- Weight5.7 pounds