XMV Series multi-channel power amplifiers combine Class-D efficiency with features designed specifically to benefit commercial installation sound systems. The XMV8280 is a Dante power amp designed for larger venues where long distance cabling is required.
XMV power amplifiers can operate in both high-impedance (70V/100V line) or low-impedance (4Ω/8Ω) modes simultaneously, eliminating the need for additional equipment, as well as streamlining the installation process. XMV power amplifiers also enable both 70V and 100V operation for every pair of channels by simply selecting the preferred mode using the dip switches on the rear panel. High impedance operation often requires the use of two combined channels in bridge mode, but with XMV amplifiers, 70V or 100V mode can be assigned to every pair of channels without affecting the number of available output channels.
Supports the "Dante Domain Manager" audio network interconnectivity standard (update to version 3.31). Audinate Corporation's "Dante Domain Manager" is now supported. Audinate Corporation's "Dante Domain Manager" is network administration software that provides user authentication and role-based security settings. Now you can construct a safe and scalable sound system based on Dante infrastructure. AES67 audio network interconnection standard is supported by this amplifier. This allows connection via AES67 to audio networks such as Ravenna, Q-LAN, or Livewire, increasing the expandability of the system. Also supported is Dante Device Lock, which prevents a third party from modifying Dante settings. This can increase system security in environments such as concert halls where an outside operator is expected to operate the system or bring in equipment.
XMV amplifiers feature an innovative circuit that improves the already highly efficient Class D circuit topology, bringing the efficiency level of the amplifier's output stage up to over 90%. This is achieved by automatically switching the circuit to match the corresponding output voltage. In high-impedance connections, both 70V and 100V operation can be achieved since the circuit is already capable of operating in high voltages. However, using the same circuit in low-impedance operation can mean excessive energy loss, so by automatically switching to a lower voltage drive, efficiency is improved significantly without sacrificing crucial aspects of the amp's performance such as keeping the distortion levels to a minimum. A new switching power supply equipped with Power Factor Correction is also included to ensure harmonic control and decrease the amount of current draw while maintaining output power.
Automatic protection functions are an essential part of the XMV Series' design, ensuring peak performance and reliable operation in less than ideal situations. Low load impedance, overcurrent, and overheating can all damage vital amplifier components and threaten their ability to function effectively. To combat these hazards, XMV Series power amps feature powerful, intelligent protection functions that can deliver the assurance of long product life and consistent performance.
Source Select allows you to individually select input sources for each channel. It is possible to mix digital connections and analog connections for each input channel of an XMV. Backup Mode and Override Mode provide redundant functions to match the situation. In Backup Mode, XMV can detect an incoming pilot tone from the digital input and automatically switch to the analog input when the pilot tone is interrupted due to a problem from the input device. In addition, if and when the original input source is recovered, it will be able to return automatically to the digital input. In Override Mode, when voice input from the analog input is detected, it is possible to switch input sources for a channel without interrupting to the sound. This is ideal for providing a back-up signal for applications such as emergency broadcasts and announcements.
- Can operate simultaneously in high or low impedance mode so you don't need additional equipment
- Supports Dante Domain Manager, AES67, and Dante Device Lock
- Works well with MTX Series processors
- Protective functions for long product life and reliable operation
- External control via Ethernet
- Source Select function
- Backup Mode and Override Mode for redundancy and protection
- XMV8280 8-Channel Power Amplifier1
- Output Power
- 1kHz (THD+N=1%: 4Ω): 280W x 8
- 1kHz (THD+N=1%: 8Ω):280W x 8
- 1kHz (THD+N=1%: 4Ω/Double Power Mode):560W x 4
- 1kHz (THD+N=1%: 8Ω/Double Power Mode): 560W x 4
- High impedance (100V line): 250W x 8/80Ω
- High impedance (70V line):250W x 8/40Ω
- Voltage Gain
- RL=8Ω: 31.7dB
- RL=8Ω/Double Power Mode: 34.7dB
- 100V: 38.2dB
- Power Consumption1/8 power (4 Ω pink noise):250W, Idle (4 Ω):73W, Standby:23
- Total Harmonic Distortion≤ 0.2% (1kHz, half power)
- Frequency Response0dB, ±1.0dB (RL=8Ω, 100V/70V, Po=1W, 20Hz - 20kHz)
- S/N Ratio≥100dB(A-weighted)
- Input Sensitivity+4dBu
- Input Impedance20kΩ (balanced), 10kΩ (unbalanced)
- I/O Connectors
- Analog I/O: Input: Euroblock x 2 (6P, balanced)
- Digital I/O: RJ45 x 2 (Dante PRIMARY / SECONDARY)
- Speaker Output: Barrier strip x 8 pairs
- Control Ports: Remote, Fault Output : Euroblock (3P) x 1
- Network: Shared with Dante ports
- Others: AC Inlet x 1
- Input Level+24dBu (Maximum)
- Protection Circuit
- Load Protection: POWER switch on/off: Output mute, DC-fault: Power supply shuts down, Clip limiting
- Amplifier Protection:
- Thermal: Output mute (heatsink temp ≥90°C) (Restored automatically), Overcurrent: Output mute (Restored automatically), Low load impedance: Output mute (Restored automatically)
- Power Supply Protection:
- Thermal: Amplifier shuts down automatically (heatsink temp ≥100°C) , Integrated power: Gain reduction (Restored automatically)
- Cooling3-Speed fan x 2, front-to-back airflow
- Power Requirements100V, 120V, 230V-240V; 50Hz/60Hz
- Dimensions (W x H x D)18.9 x 3.5 x 16.6 inches (480 x 88 x 422mm)
- Net Weight22.3 lbs (10.1 kg)