The Zoom ZDM-1 microphone was crafted to handle singing and speaking with equal clarity and precision. Its smooth and natural tone along with built-in noise protection and exceptional sound rejection make it a favorite choice for broadcast-quality podcast and music recordings.
Supercardioid polar pattern brings the focus exactly where you want it, without picking up clutter from background noise or bleed from other musicians and speakers in the room. Even when you want other musicians or speakers to be heard, they need their own mic: the ZDM-1 is just too good to be shared. Voices of all ranges sound excellent through the ZDM-1. Smooth high-end caters to the showiest of sopranos and the rumbliest of voices sound natural with the ZDM-1’s tight bass.
The ZDM-1 can work in louder environments than it usually needs to, even without clipping or distortion. This microphone’s SPL handling is up to 135 dB: a sound pressure level somewhere between jackhammers and jet engines. Though that’s a louder environment than the average music gig or podcast (with the exception of famous construction podcast Tomorrow’s Roads, Today! of course) Zoom engineers took it a step further. Internal shock-absorbing mechanism in the microphone capsule makes sure handling noise and room vibrations aren’t picked up in any recording. A humbucking circuit also keeps out electromagnetic interference.
With a mic this good, you’ll probably want to take it everywhere. Thanks to its sturdy all-metal body and grille, the ZDM-1 makes great arm candy for years and years no matter how much you bring it out on the town.
Zoom ZDM-1 Features
- Supercardiod polar pattern
- Large-diaphragm dynamic design captures smooth, broadcast-quality sound
- High SPL handling ensures clean recordings
- Internal shock-absorbing mechanism minimizes handling noise and ambient vibrations
- Built-in humbucking circuit rejects electromagnetic interference from power lines, computer monitors, cell phones, and more
- Durable all-metal body and grille
- ZDM-1 podcast dynamic microphone1
- Pivoting mic stand mount1
- Threaded European mic stand adapter1
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternSupercardioid
- Frequency Response50 Hz - 18 kHz
- Output Impedance200 ohms
- Sensitivity-54 dBV/Pa (2.0 mV)
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Measurements: 5.9" x 2.12"
- Weight: 0.89 pounds (0.4 kg)