Ultra-compact, DSP-controlled bi-amplified near-field monitor with exceptional power reserves. With its digital core, the KH 80 DSP enables filtering functions and room adjustment options, which brings reference level reproduction to any environment. Even with its compact design, it has extraordinary reserve capacity - as well as the classic strengths of the Neumann monitor philosophy: clearly defined dispersion angle, distortion-free design and sophisticated material selection.
The Neumann developers know every nuance, every angle and every wave reflection of the KH 80 DSP. It sounds so pure because they are directing every sound wave so precisely. The KH 80 DSP’s design is based on computer simulations that calculate with a level of accuracy that no one other than Neumann does. The Mathematical Modeled Dispersion Waveguide (MMD™) provides the studio series with a solid base for precise sound direction that remains unique. Maths has never sounded so good.
It might be a project studio, an outside broadcast van, a corner at work or just a brick building: The room defines the sound. Surfaces and corners in the room cause interference, diffraction, reflection, and refraction: all are forms of distortion. For a really true sound, without acoustic-physical “accidents”, you normally need expensive equipment plus plenty of time and expertise to align it correctly – or smart algorithms. An easy adjustment to the monitor position (free standing, small/medium/large desk) is possible via the rear "Acoustical Control" switch.
Highest quality components, high-end protection systems and power reserves are what you would expect from this studio class product even under the most demanding circumstances. Its design makes the KH 80 DSP a versatile near-field monitor, which delivers professional-quality sound wherever you need it – in project and music studios, editing and broadcasting rooms or in outside broadcast vans. Some of our customers like it so much, they use the KH 80 DSP in their living rooms. Why not? After all, the KH 80 DSP delivers digital precision for a masterpiece of analog technology: your ears.
Neumann KH 80 DSP A G US Features
- New DSP-engine optimizes output to achieve reference class sound
- Mathematically modeled dispersion to deliver excellent detail in any surroundings
- Optional tools for room alignment, configuration und control
- KH 80 DSP A G US 2-Way Powered Nearfield DSP Monitor1
- -6 dB free field frequency response: 53 Hz … 22 kHz, ± 6 dB
- 3 dB free field frequency response: 57 Hz … 21 kHz, ± 3 dB
- Pass band free field frequency response: 59 Hz … 20 kHz, ± 2 dB
- Self-generated noise (with input gain set to 100 dB for 0 dBu): < 20 dB(A) bei 10 cm
- Max. SPL in full space at 3% THD at 1m (averaged between 100 Hz and 6 kHz): 102,8 / 108,8 dB SPL
- Input: XLR, analog electronically balanced
- Controller design: Digital, active
- Crossover frequency, slopes: 1.8 kHz, 48 dB/oct, 8th order
- Bass amplifier, cont.(peak) output power*: 150 W (130 W)
- Treble amplifier, cont.(peak) output power: 55 W (70 W)
- Mains Power Supply, voltage; frequency: 100-240 V~; 50/60 Hz, with standby
- Drivers: 100 mm (4"), 25 mm (1"), with integrated black metal grilles
- Mounting points: 2 x M6 threaded inserts with 70 mm spacing on back panel
- Product dimensions (height x width x depth), mm (inches): 233 x 154 x 194 mm (9 1/8" x 6" x 8 5/8")
- Product weight: 3.5 kg (7 lbs 11 oz)