The ATND933a condenser hanging microphone is designed for quality sound reinforcement, professional recording, television and other demanding sound pickup applications. Its low profile and excellent response make it ideally suited for suspending over choirs, instrumental groups and theater stages.
The microphone is equipped with a 15.2 m (50') permanently attached miniature cable, terminated with a TA3F-type connector that attaches to the provided ATND8734a Dante-enabled wall/ceiling plate power module. UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology protects the microphone from radio frequency interference (RFI).
The power module is equipped with an 80 Hz low-cut UniSteep® filter, three-position input gain level selector (+30 dB, +40 dB, and +50 dB), and a red/green LED status indicator (all controlled remotely via third-party software*). It mounts in a standard metal U.S. 2-gang electrical box, and its RJ45 output jack allows for easy connection to the network via CAT5e (or better) cable.
The ATND933a offers plug-and-play compatibility with AES67 networks, including those that utilize Livewire, RAVENNA and Q-LAN AoIP technologies, and has expansive Dante Domain Manager features, including role-based security, cross-subnet routing, SNMP alerts, and more.
Includes a two-stage foam windscreen and vinyl-coated steel hanger. Additional interchangeable elements – omnidirectional (360°), cardioid (120°), hypercardioid (100°), and MicroLine® (90°) – are available separately.
Audio-Technica ATND933a Features
- Wall/ceiling plate power module with Dante network output permits permanent installation in standard, 2-gang electrical box and direct connection to the network via Ethernet cable
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- Logic input accepts external switch for connection to the Dante network
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- UniSteep® filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to minimize pickup of undesired ambient noise
- Steel hanger positions microphone over choirs, instrumental groups and theater stages
- Available interchangeable elements permit angle of acceptance from 90° to 360°
- Plug-and-play compatibility with AES67 networks, including those that utilize Livewire, RAVENNA and Q-LAN AoIP technologies
- Increases Dante Domain Manager features, adding role-based security, cross-subnet routing, SNMP alerts and more
- ATND933aC: Cardioid polar pattern (120° acceptance angle); black finish.
- ATND933aH: Hypercardioid polar pattern (100° acceptance angle); black finish.
- ATND933aML: MicroLine® polar pattern (90° acceptance angle); black finish.
- ATND933aWC: Cardioid polar pattern (120° acceptance angle); white finish.
- ATND933aWH: Hypercardioid polar pattern (100° acceptance angle); white finish.
- ATND933aWML:MicroLine® polar pattern (90° acceptance angle); white finish.
- ATND933a Miniature Condenser Hanging Microphone1
- ATND8734a wall/ceiling plate power module with Dante™ network output1
- AT8109 two-stage foam windscreen; AT8452 steel hanger1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar Patternsomnidirectional (360°), cardioid (120°), hypercardioid (100°), and MicroLine® (90°)
- Frequency Range30 Hz - 20 kHz
- Low Frequency Roll Off80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Maximum Input Sound Level
- -15 dBu @ +30 dB gain
- -25 dBu @ +40 dB gain
- -35 dBu @ +50 dB gain
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio68 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Cable Microphone: 15.2 m (50') long (permanently attached to microphone), 3.2 mm (0.13") diameter, 2-conductor shielded cable, terminated with TA3F-type connector
- Power ModuleCAT5e or better required
- Output Connector (power module)RJ-45
- Dimensions (microphone) 8.4 mm (0.33") head diameter
- Dimensions (power module) 148 mm (5.83") diameter, 47 mm (1.85") depth
- Weight (microphone) 5.5 g (0.2 oz)
- Weight (power module) 330 g (11.6 oz)