The ES933 condenser hanging microphone from Audio-Technica is designed for quality sound reinforcement, professional recording, television, and other demanding sound pickup applications. Its low-profile design and excellent response make it ideally suited for suspending over choirs, instrumental groups and theater stages.
The microphone is equipped with a 15.2 m (50') permanently attached miniature cable, terminated with a TA3F-type connector that attaches to compatible Audio-Technica power modules. UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology protects the microphone from radio frequency interference (RFI).
The ES933 comes with a two-stage foam windscreen and vinyl-coated steel hanger. Additional interchangeable elements – omnidirectional (360°), cardioid (120°), hypercardioid (100°), and MicroLine® (90°) – are available separately.
Audio-Technica ES933 Features
- Designed for quality sound reinforcement, professional recording, television and other demanding sound pickup applications
- Small size and excellent response are ideal for suspension over choirs, instrumental groups and theater stages
- Available interchangeable elements permit angle of acceptance from 90º to 360º
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- Requires 11V to 52V DC phantom
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Integral UniSteep® filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- ES933 hanging microphone1
- Five Year Limited End User Warranty1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar Patternsomnidirectional (360°), cardioid (120°), hypercardioid (100°), and MicroLine® (90°)
- Frequency Response30 Hz - 20 kHz
- Impedance250 ohms
- Sensitivity-40 dBV/Pa (10.0 mV)
- Low Frequency Roll Off80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Maximum Input Sound Level138 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range109 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio65 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- SwitchesFlat, roll-off
- Cable15.2 m (50') long (permanently attached to microphone), 3.2 mm (0.13") diameter, 2-conductor shielded cable, terminated with TA3F-type connector
- Output Connector (Power Module)Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Dimensions (Power Module)92.9 mm (3.66") long, 18.9 mm (0.74") diameter
- Dimensions (Microphone)27.5 mm (1.08") long, 8.4 mm (0.33") head diameter
- Weight (Microphone)5.5 g (0.2 oz)
- Weight (Power Module)81 g (2.9 oz)