This phantom-powered omnidirectional condenser boundary microphone features a 5-pin XLR output connector with a touch-sensitive capacitive-type user switch for enhanced control in conference and boardroom installations. Not only can the switch be configured to toggle between mute and live audio, but, with the microphone’s external contact closure, it can also be set up to trigger an external device, such as a camera or the room’s lighting.
Designed for clear, highly intelligible conferencing, recording, monitoring and other demanding sound pickup applications, the ES945O/FM5 mounts unobtrusively in tabletops or panels, but includes a highly visible two-state RGB LED ring (7 selectable colors + OFF) to keep users apprised of the status.
The microphone’s omnidirectional polar pattern provides 360° coverage. A rugged all-metal case with a two-layer steel mesh grille protects the microphone element, while our UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology provides outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI).
The ES945O/FM5 is equipped with a self-contained power module, eliminating the need for an external one, and comes with a pair of rubber isolators for optional mechanical isolation from the mounting surface.
Audio-Technica ES945O/FM5 Features
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as conferencing, recording, monitoring and other demanding sound pickup applications
- Logic I/O capability permits control of remote devices from mic’s touch-sensitive capacitive-type user switch
- Highly visible two-state RGB LED ring (7 selectable colors + OFF) indicates mic status
- Low-profile element provides uniform omnidirectional polar pattern with 360° acceptance angle
- Mounts unobtrusively in tabletops and panels
- Self-contained power module with 5-pin XLR output connector
- Rugged all-metal case with a two-layer steel mesh grille
- Rubber Isolators provide mechanical dampening of mounting-surface vibration
- Requires 11V to 52V DC phantom power
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- RoHS compliant
- ES945O/FM5 Omni Condenser Boundary Microphone1
- Rubber isolator (2 types)2
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternOmnidirectional
- Frequency Response60 Hz - 15 kHz
- Output Impedance60 ohms
- Sensitivity-33 dBV/Pa
- Maximum input sound level130 dB SPL (1 kHz at 1% THD)
- Dynamic range109 dB (1 kHz at Max SPL)
- Signal-to-noise ratio73 dB (1 kHz at 1 Pa, A-weighted)
- Phantom power requirements11-52 V DC, 7.5 mA
- Connector5-Pin XLRM
- Dimensions38 mm (1.5”) × 48 mm (1.89”) × 84.8 mm (3.34”) (W × D × H)
- Weight59 g (2.1 oz)