The EVID-S4.2T, from Electro-Voice, is a highperformance, two-way, full-range, 4" (102 mm) surface mount speaker with excellent wide, uniform coverage, and outstanding performance. It is designed for background and foreground music, paging, and sound reinforcement, and it's ideal for a wide variety of indoor and outdoor applications, such as restaurants, bars, patios, retail, fitness clubs, hospitality, theme parks, leisure venues, and others. With unparalleled ease-of-installation, sturdy weather resistance, modern and delicate look, and it's flexible mounting options, the EVID-S4.2T is the perfect solution for a wide variety of surface mount applications.
The EVID-S4.2T includes the unique and innovative mounting system, from Electro-Voice, making every installation quick, simple, and reliable. The mounting system allows for 90 degrees of rotation horizontally, and 45 degrees of rotation vertically, and it can be easily installed on walls and ceilings. The mounting system comes already assembled and ready to be used, ready to make any job easier.
The EVID-S4.2T utilizes a 15 W transformer, that offers a selection of 3.7 W (70 V only), 7.5 W or 15 W delivered to the speaker system using either 70 V or 100 V lines. Selection is done with a Euroblock connector on the input panel located on the rear of the speaker.
The EVID-S4.2T has been carefully engineered to resist outdoor environments, without compromising on performance for indoor applications. The full-range speaker is IP54 rated, and its weather-proofing is complemented with exceptional cabinet and grille resistance against sun, salt and moisture.
The wide range of EVID surface mount speakers has been designed to work together as a complete system in a variety of different surface mount constructions, and to be used in combination with other EVID ceiling and in-wall speakers.
Electro-Voice EVID-S4.2T Features
- Innovative mount system provides quick, simple, and reliable installations
- Carefully engineered for outdoor environments (IP54), without compromising performance
- Long throw 4" woofer housed in a fire rated ABS plastic enclosure for extended LF performance down to 75 Hz
- EVID-S4.2T speakers2
- Mount system1
- Frequency range (-10dB)75Hz – 20kHz
- Frequency response (-3dB)100Hz – 20kHz
- HF transducer0.75"
- LF transducer4"
- Max SPL/1m104.5dB
- Coverage (nominal -6dB)110° H x 110° V
- Power rating60W
- Connector typecaptive screws on wall bracket; max wire size 12AWG (2.5mm)
- Sensitivity 1W/1 m86.5dB
- Recommended high-pass frequency70Hz
- Transformer70V/100V (15W)
- Power handling (continuous/peak)15 W/60W
- Weight4 pounds