The latest in MOTU's popular, award-winning UltraLite interface series, the UltraLite-mk4 is an 18-input, 22-output audio interface with DSP mixing, effects processing and best-in-class analog audio quality for on-the-go mobile audio recording. New for 2018, the UltraLite-mk4 now includes renowned ESS Sabre32™ DAC technology, delivering 123dB dynamic range and the same proven, award-winning audio quality as MOTU's flagship 1248. Connect to a computer through hi-speed USB 2.0 with new, optimized ultra-low latency drivers (audio class compliant, compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS) and record at sample rates up to 192 kHz with two combo XLR/TRS mic/guitar inputs, six line-level analog inputs, ten analog outputs, 8-channel optical I/O (with support for 2-channel TOSLink), RCA S/PDIF digital I/O, MIDI I/O and a headphone output. Powerful DSP delivers large console style mixing with 48 channels, 12 stereo busses, and 32-bit floating point effects processing, including modeled analog EQ, vintage compression and classic reverb. Matrix routing lets you quickly patch ins to outs, or split inputs to multiple destinations. Use the UltraLite-mk4 as a stand-alone mixer and control everything wirelessly from innovative web app software running on your iPad™, iPhone™, tablet, smartphone, and laptop. From studio to stage, the UltraLite-mk4 delivers exceptional sound quality, state-of-the-art operation and rock-solid performance.
MOTU UltraLite-MK4 Features
- 18 x 22 USB audio interface with 40 simultaneous audio channels — 2 mic/guitar inputs, 6 line ins, 10 line outs, phone out, S/PDIF digital I/O and 8-channel optical I/O for 18 inputs and 22 outputs.
- Superb analog quality with ultra-low latency — New for 2018, the UltraLite-mk4 now includes renowned ESS Sabre32™ DAC technology, delivering 123dB dynamic range and the same proven, award-winning audio quality as MOTU's flagship 1248. Optimized drivers deliver rock-solid performance and industry-leading low latency.
- DSP mixing and effects processing — Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 7 stereo aux busses, 3 group sends, and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate, and compression.
- Modeled vintage effects processing — Classic reverb. Compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A leveling amplifier. EQ modeled after British analog console EQs.
- Flexible matrix routing and splitting — Send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Includes routing to and from the computer.
- Web app control — Control everything from your favorite web browser on a laptop or mobile device (table or smartphone) through a shared Wi-Fi network.
- Universal connectivity — Connects to any computer with hi-speed USB 2.0 (audio class compliant, compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS). Compatible with all audio software.
- Comprehensive metering — The large backlit LCD lets you view all signal activity at a glance with detailed metering for all analog and digital I/O.
- AudioDesk — Includes AudioDesk workstation software for Mac and Windows with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering.