The 4pre provides mobile operation and flexible connectivity to a Mac or PC via FireWire or USB2, with professional audio quality at sample rates up to 96 kHz. The 4pre offers plenty of I/O, including four mic inputs with preamps, alternative guitar/line inputs, analog main outs, two extra line-level analog outputs, stereo S/PDIF, and two stereo headphone outputs.
Housed in a rugged, compact enclosure you can take anywhere, the 4pre is equally well-suited for studio and stage, with or without a computer. As an interface or standalone mixer, the 4pre provides 6 separate inputs and 8 separate outputs.
Connect any studio gear, including microphones, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines, or even effects processors. Record, monitor, and mix all live inputs using the professional on-board CueMix DSP digital mixer — with no latency and no processor strain on your computer.
Use the 4pre’s on-screen CueMix software to tune your guitar and other instruments. Analyze and scope your audio with advanced diagnostic tools, including a full-screen real-time FFT display, spectrogram “waterfall” display, full-featured oscilloscope, X-Y plot, and linear/polar phase analysis graphs.
After programming the on-board mixing in the studio, unplug the 4pre from the computer and take it on the road for operation as a stand-alone mixer with convenient front-panel controls.
The 4pre provides cross-platform compatibility with Mac and Windows and all of your favorite audio software and host-based effects via industry standard WDM/ASIO/Core Audio drivers. Or you can use the included AudioDesk workstation software for Mac OS X, with 24-bit recording/editing and 32-bit mixing, processing and mastering.
MOTU 4pre 6x8 Compact Audio Interface Features
- Four mic preamps
- Compact size
- Flexbile combo-style inputs
- Universal connectivity
- Bus-powered FireWire
- High-speed USB 2.0
- Mixing made simple
- Studio grade sound
- Solid metal chassis
- Rack mounting brackets
- 4pre 6x8 Compact Audio Interface1
- Sample Rates44.1, 48, 88.2, 96kHz
- Analog In
- 4 x XLR/TRS combo
- 2 x 1/4" TRS (balanced/unbalanced)
- 2 x 1/4" hi-Z guitar
- Analog Outputs
- 2 x 1/4" balanced TRS main out
- 2 x 1/4" balanced TRS line out
- 2 x 1/4" TRS headphone
- Digital Input1 x RCA coaxial S/PDIF
- Digital Output1 x RCA coaxial S/PDIF
- Computer I/O
- 1 x FireWire 400 (Type B)
- 1 x USB 2.0
- Sync In/Out
- SMPTE time code (LTC)
- Headphone Output 2 x 1/4" TRS phone with independent volume control
- Phantom Power Individual +48V
- Front panel
- 2 x 10-segment ladder LEDs • main outs
- 4 x 5-segment LEDs • inputs
- 2 x signal present LEDs • S/PDIF I/O
- 2 x signal present LEDs • stereo line out
- 4 x LEDs • 48V phantom power
- 4 x LEDs • -20 dB pad
- 5 x LEDs • mix/trim (main, line, S/PDIF, phone, trim)
- 1 x LED • Vol/Pan
- Power Requirements
- 9-18V DC, 5W, tip + or -
- FireWire bus power
- DC power adapter included, required for stand-alone and USB 2.0 operation