More polyphony from our acclaimed V.A.S.T. engine than any product in Kurzweil history!
Over 1000 hand-selected factory presets organized into 13 categories of Programs and featuring our optimized German 9 ft. and vintage Japanese 7 ft. concert grand pianos (with KSR Kurzweil String Resonance). Also included are a wide selection of tailored sounds from the acclaimed Forte® (EP, Clav, Celeste, Crotales, Harpsichord), as well as PC3 Series and KORE 64™ expansions--all handcrafted to deliver unprecedented expressiveness with an obsessive attention to detail.
Flash-Play® provides the PC4 with a staggering amount of horse-power; 2 GB sample content with zero-loading time, and ultrafast performance.
Load up to 2 GB of your own custom samples into non-volatile flash memory. Supported sample formats: .WAV, .AIF (up to 16 bit / 96kHz) and Kurzweil formats (.P3K, .KRZ, .K25, .K26).
Deep native editing? Look no further. The PC4 grants full access to Kurzweil's legendary Variable Architecture Synthesis Technology directly from the front panel. With 32-layers per program, each offering its own signal path and a host of modular DSP tools, the PC4 offers a wealth of sound creation and modification that is truly immense.
6 Operator FM Engine with the ability to load original FM SysEx files.
Add sonic animation to your sounds via 16 simultaneous MIDI CC Step Sequencers for modulation sequencing.
Modeled after classic organs. A full compliment of tonewheel controls are immediately accessible including 9 realistic drawbars, rotary speed, chorus/vibrato, brake, percussion and more.
Award-winning Reverbs, Delays, Choruses, Flangers, Phasers, Distortions, Rotary Amplifiers, Compressors and more--all fully editable from the user-interface. The PC4 also offers a global Master FX section featuring 3-band EQ and Compression.
Piano string resonance modeling for enhanced acoustic piano performance!
Kurzweil PC4 Features
- 256 Voices of V.A.S.T. Polyphony!
- 2 Gigabytes of Factory Sounds!
- Patented FlashPlay® Technology
- 2 Gigabytes User Sample Memory
- V.A.S.T. Editing
- 6-Operator FM Engine
- CC Sequencers
- KB3 ToneReal™ Organs
- Powerful FX Engine
- K.S.R. – Kurzweil String Resonance
- PC4 88-Key Synthesizer Workstation1
- Power cable1
- Switch pedal1
- USB cable1
- KeyboardRPHA: Real Piano Hammer Action / 88-note, fully-weighted hammer-action with velocity and aftertouch sensitive adjustable keys
- Display480 x 272 pixel high resolution color LCD with adjustable brightness
- Polyphony256 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated
- Multitimbral16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Dynamic VAST: Powerful synthesis engine, with user programmable DSP algs and routing.
- 6-Operator FM Engine
- VA1 Inside: anti-aliasing, power-shaped oscillators and DSP processing from Kurzweil’s VA1 concept synth, capable of delivering authentic analog emulations as well as incredibly complex new sounds.
- Cascade Mode: lets the user route one layer through the DSP of any other layer within a program – up to 32 consecutive layers deep!
- Sample Flash Memory 2 GB of re-loadable, non-volatile, user flash memory
- Factory Programs 1000+
- User Programs 4096
- Factory Multis 50+ – featuring up to 16 independent zones
- User Multis 4096
- General MIDI No
- Kurzweil String Resonance Yes
- Master EQ/Compressor Yes
- Over 1000 complex effect chains, incorporated into programs featuring our award winning effects – reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, rotary speaker simulators, compressors, and more
- 32 total FX units
- 1 pitch wheel
- 1 modulation wheel
- 9 front panel sliders
- 9 Knobs
- 9 switches (assignable/zone mutes/KB3 control)
- 1 variation switch
- Tempo Controls w/ tap tempo
- 2 transpose switches
- Arp Controls
- Transport Controls
- 2 switch pedal inputs each supporting single switch pedal or single half damper pedal (1 switch/sustain pedal is included; half-damper pedals sold separately)
- 2 continuous control pedal inputs
- monopressure (aftertouch)
- Ribbon input (ribbon controller sold separately)
- Sequencer16 Tracks; 960 PPQ resolution. Song editing functions include both event and track-based tools like quantize, swing, remap, controller scaling and more.
- MIDI CC Step Sequencers16 simultaneous
- RIFFs16-per Multi
- Arpeggiators1-per Program, 16-per Multi
- System Sample Rate48kHz
- Analog Outputs
- Four (2 pairs) 1/4″ balanced TRS analog (32-bit DACs)
- Automatic mono switching on main outs
- +21dBu maximum output
- 50Ω balanced source impedance
- Audio Inputs
- Two 1/4″ inputs
- One stereo 1/8″ input (each with FX) for connecting your favorite MP3 player or other audio source for accompaniment playback
- 1 back panel 1/4″ headphone output
- 130mW into 32 ohm headphones
- MIDIIn, Out
- Two USB ports (one A port / one B port)
- Complete MIDI functionality over USB
- User program/multi file backup via USB drive
- Operating System updates via USB drive
- Software EditorsExternal editors for Mac OS X, Windows PC and iOS devices
- FREE OS UpdatesOS updates via USB drive
- Height6.5″ (16.51 cm)
- Depth14.75″ (37.46 cm)
- Length51.25″ (130.18 cm)
- Weight28.7 lb (13.01 kg)
- PowerExternal 15VDC 2.5A Power Supply