The LaChapell 500TDI is a 500 series tube direct box (tube DI) that ranges from pristine clean to loads of character. It can be focused and articulate with crisp distinguished notes, or meaty with growl and harmonic overtones. Using the tube-drive and level knobs, dial in the perfect tone for your bass or other instrument.
The 500TDI Tube DI features LaChapell Audio™s TrueTube™ technology which provides proper operating voltage to the 12DW7 tube. Most tube modules for the 500 series use a starved plate design which does not give the tube the full voltage it needs to get the tube sound recognized as classic tube tone. A Cinemag transformer adds some weight and warmth to the output.
The front panel of the 500TDI tube direct box has two inputs. The top input is a high impedance input while the bottom input can be used as a through OR a lower impedance input for more tone options.
LaChapell 500TDI Features
- The 500TDI is the first properly powered vacuum tube DI for the 500 series format. Incredibly versatile, it ranges from clean to gritty, perfect for bass, keys, or other line level sources.
- As with all LaChapell Audio 500 series modules with tubes, the 500TDI fully powers the vacuum tube with TrueTube technology. Providing a full 250V without stressing or straining the power supply, the 12DW7 vacuum tube in the 500TDI operates as a tube should. Great headroom and rich harmonics with a pleasant overdrive when necessary.
- The front panel 1/4" jacks provide even more versatility. The bottom jack is a through output, but ALSO can be used as an input. Each jack offers a slightly different sound.
- Separate input and output drive knobs provide you with a wide range of sonic options. Go heavy on the output knob for clean tones or lean on the input to get rich tube harmonics.
- Built-in high pass filter.
- The 500TDI is boutique throughout. A Cinemag output transformer has been carefully selected to perfectly complement the signal path.
- LaChapell 500TDI 500 Series Tube Direct Box1
- Internal Gain24dB
- THD+N0.10% - 25% (+2dBV)
- Frequency Response8Hz to 28KHz
- EIN -100dBu
- Input Impedance ~1.5MΩ
- Transformer CINEMAG CMOQ (output)
- Tube Complement 1x 12DW7 (ECC832)