Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K improves production value by upgrading to digital film. Professional features such as high dynamic range, great low light performance, and Blackmagic RAW allow you to create Hollywood style looks and ensure colors are precise. The Pocket Cinema Camera 4K is well-suited for feature films, TV programming, documentaries, YouTube content, and more.
Shoot incredible HDR (high dynamic range) images. With 13 stops of dynamic range, the Pocket Cinema Camera 4K preserves more detail in the lightest and darkest area of an image than traditional video cameras. There are also more colors than the standard DCI-P3 colorspace.
Blackmagic RAW captures and preserves sensor data quality for stunning images with incredible detail and accurate color at every stage of production. Dual gain ISO up to 25,600 optimizes the Pocket Cinema Camera 4K to minimize grain or noise in images and still maintain full dynamic range of the sensor. Tell the camera how to interpret white and other colors in an image by setting the color temperature. Other color tools include adjustments to contrast, tint, saturation, and settings for exposure and ISO.
Keep multiple camera shoots in perfect sync. Connect an external timecode generator into the 3.5mm audio jack and a built-in timecode generator detects the timecode and locks the internal generator.
Four built-in mics capture great sound anywhere due to their low noise floor and shock and wind resistant design. When you need more mics, mini XLR input with 48 volts of phantom power supports connecting professional microphones such as lapel mics and booms.
With lightweight carbon fiber polycarbonate composite construction, camera is easy to handle and has a multifunction handgrip with controls naturally at your fingertips. Large 5” LCD makes perfect focus possible. Other design features include a removable battery door, four shock proof microphones, heavy duty lens mount, and built in speaker. The camera is powered by removable LP-E6 type batteries, and an included AC plug pack can power the camera while charging the battery.
Advanced OS makes for a user friendly operating experience where camera features run independently for smooth control. Simple tap and swipe gestures adjust settings, add metadata and view recording status via the interface. You also have full control over on screen focus and exposure tools, 3D LUTs, HDR, metadata entry, timecode, Blackmagic RAW settings, and more.
Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K Features
- 4/3 image sensor
- 4096 x 2160 resolution
- MFT lens mount can be adapted to different lens types including PL, C and EF
- Post production friendly file formats
- Blackmagic RAW
- Adjust color temperature, contrast, ISO, tint, saturation, and exposure
- LCD touchscreen
- Advanced OS with features from URSA Mini Pro
- 4 built-in microphones and professional audio inputs
- Load custom 3D LUTs to recreate film looks
- USB-C for recording directly to external media disks
- Shoot stills up to 21.2 megapixels per frame
- Wireless Bluetooth camera remote control
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K1
- Lens turret dust cap1
- 30W power supply with locking connector and international adapters1
- LP‑E6 battery1
- SD card with software and manual1
- Welcome card1
- DaVinci Resolve Studio with activation key1
- One Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty1
- Effective Sensor Size 18.96mm x 10mm (Four Thirds)
- Lens MountActive MFT mount
- Lens ControlIris, focus and zoom on supported lenses
- Dynamic Range13 Stops
- Dual Native ISO400 and 3200
- Shooting Resolutions
- 4096 x 2160 (4K DCI) up to 60 fps
- 4096 x 1720 (4K 2.4:1) up to 75 fps
- 3840 x 2160 (Ultra HD) up to 60 fps
- 2880 x 2160 (2.8K Anamorphic) up to 80 fps
- 2688 x 1512 (2.6K 16:9) up to 120 fps
- 1920 x 1080 (HD) up to 120 fps
- Frame Rates
- Maximum sensor frame rate dependent on resolution and codec selected. Project frame rates of 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60 fps supported.
- Off-speed frame rates up to 60 fps in 4K DCI, 120 fps in 2.6K 16:9 and HD windowed.
- FocusAuto focus available using compatible lenses
- Iris ControlIris wheel and touchscreen slider for manual iris adjustment on electronically controllable lenses, iris button for instant auto iris settings on compatible lenses
- Screen Dimensions5” 1920 x 1080
- Screen TypeLCD capacitive touchscreen
- Metadata SupportAutomatically populated lens data from electronic Micro Four Thirds lenses. Automatic recording of camera settings and slate data such as project, scene number, take and special notes.
- Touchscreen menus on 5 inch screen
- 1x Power Switch
- 1x Record Button
- 1x Stills Button
- 1x Scroll Wheel with push integrated into handgrip
- 1x ISO Button
- 1x White Balance
- 1x Shutter Button
- 3x software configurable Fn buttons
- 1x IRIS Button
- 1x Focus Button
- 1x High Frame Rate (HFR) Button
- 1x Zoom Button
- 1x Menu Button
- 1x Playback Button