The M23 is a precision engineered 23kHz omnidirectional measurement microphone ideally suited for acoustical measurements including loudspeaker design and quality control, sound system setup and troubleshooting, room acoustics, or any application where an accurate free-field measurement microphone is required.
Known for its reliable performance, the M23 delivers unparalleled audio results at an affordable cost. It has a flat frequency response that extends from 3Hz to 23kHz, an exceptionally consistent omnidirectional polar response, 140dB SPL rating without distortion and no handling noise.
Immune to most temperature and atmospheric fluctuations, the M23 delivers reliable and repeatable results in any environment.
Extremely fast impulse response and linear phase response make the M23 ideal for use with high-quality FFT-based real-time audio system measurement software like SMAART™, SIM™, REW™, Electroacoustics Toolbox™, FuzzMeasure™ and others, as well as for use in PA system alignment and loudspeaker design.
Every M23 is individually hand-tuned and tested and is delivered with its own printed frequency response chart. An Electronic Calibration File (ECF) is generated for each microphone during final testing, and can be downloaded free of charge after product registration.
Earthworks M23mp Features
- 23kHz flat frequency response
- Cost effective measurement microphone
- Improved version of the SMAARTMIC™ previously offered by EAW
- Ideally suited for acoustical measurements sound system setup and troubleshooting, room acoustics, or any application where an accurate free-field measurement microphone is required
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Flat frequency response, fast impulse response and exceptional polar characteristics
- Used by SMAART™, MLSSA™, Spectrafoo™, TEF™ and RTA in addition to acoustic measurement systems manufactured by dbx, DEQX and others
- Meets or exceeds ANSI Type 1 and applicable IEC 61094 requirements
- Each M Series microphone is delivered with its own calibration chart providing its individually measured open-circuit sensitivity and the frequency response curve
- Electronic Calibration File available
- Operating Temp Range: -20 deg C to +60 deg C ( -4 deg. F to 140 deg. F)
- Storage Temp Range: -40 deg C to +80 deg C ( -40 deg. F to 176 deg. F)
- Humidity: Up to 90%
- Re-calibration recommended every five (5) years