Like the NT5, the RØDE NT55 is a small-diaphragm, true-condenser cardioid microphone, sometimes referred to as a 'pencil mic'. The NT55 adds both a three position pad (0, -10dB, -20dB) and three stage high pass filter (Off, 75Hz, 150Hz), and includes the interchangeable NT45-O omnidirectional capsule.
Intended for recording acoustic instruments, drum overheads, cymbals and live performances, the compact externally polarized mic employs a 1/2" capsule, an active J-FET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer.
Its tight cardioid pickup pattern also makes it ideal for use as an indoor dialogue microphone for filmmaking on a mic stand or boom.
Finished in durable satin nickel, the NT55 available as a single microphone or as an acoustically matched pair.
Rode NT55 Features
- Externally biased condenser
- Cardioid or Omni polar pattern using included interchangable capsules
- Gold sputtered 1/2” capsule
- Three position PAD - 0dB, -10dB and -20dB
- Three position High-Pass Filter - flat, 75Hz and 150Hz
- Surface mount circuitry
- Low noise
- Available as Certified Matched Pair
- 1 Year Warranty (10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone)
- NT55 multi-pattern condenser microphone1
- NT45-O interchangeable omnidirectional capsule1
- Microphone clip1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar Patterns (selectable)Cardioid, Omnidirectional
- Frequency Range20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance100 ohms
- Sensitivity-38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Max. SPL136 dB SPL
- Max. Output Level8.0mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted)15 dBA
- Power Options+48V phantom power
- Active ElectronicsJFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Output3-pin XLR output
- Dimensions (HxWxD)5.71" x 0.79" x 0.79"
- Weight3.88 oz