Cardioid lavalier microphone offers an interchangeable condenser and consists of a windscreen and a dual tie clip for 2 microphones. It features wide dynamic range and frequency response for accurate and balanced sound reproduction.
The MX185 cardioid miniature lavalier condenser microphone is designed for use in speech applications such as broadcast presenting, speeches, lectures and for use in houses of worship.
All the Microflex series of microphones use interchangeable cartridges (sold separately) which means you can swap between cardioid, supercardioid and omnidirectional condenser cartridges simply by screwing them on to the top of the lavalier mic.
The MX185 is designed for wired use and includes an in-line preamplifier and a 1.2m cable with TA4F connector. If you wish to go wireless, choose the WL185 which is the same microphone but without the pre-amplifier and connects directly into any Shure wireless bodypack.
Shure MX185 Features
- Wide dynamic range and frequency response for accurate sound reproduction across the audio spectrum
- Interchangeable cartridges that provide an optimal choice for each application
- Rotatable tie-clip that pivots in 90 degree increments for placement flexibility
- Supplied snap-fit foam windscreen that controls breath noise and stays on securely
- Balanced, transformerless output for increased immunity to noise over long cable runs
- Supplied dual tie clip holds two microphones for dual miking applications
- MX185 Cardioid Lavalier Microphone1
- In-line preamplifier 1
- 1.2m cable with TA4F connector1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response 50 Hz - 17 kHz
- Rated Output Impedance150 Ω (180 Ω actual)
- Open Circuit Sensitivity (at 1 kHz, ref. 1V/Pascal*)–35.0 dB (17.0 mV) (1 Pascal = 94 dB SPL
- Max SPL (1kHz at 1%THD, 1 kΩ load) 124.2 dB
- Equivalent Output Noise (A-weighted)28.0 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio (referenced at 94 dB SPL)66.0 dB
- Dynamic Range at 1 kΩ load96.2 dB
- Power Requirements11 to 52 Vdc phantom, 2.0 mA
- Common Mode Rejection45.0 dB minimum
- CableShielded 1.2 meter (4 ft.) cable terminated with a 4-Pin Female Mini Connector (TA4F)