Capture your vocals like never before with the SM48 Vocal Cardioid Dynamic Microphone from Shure. Ideal for vocals, backup vocals, and spoken word applications, this mic offers a frequency response with a brightened mid-range and low-frequency roll-off that controls its proximity effect.
This premium performance mic maintains a true cardioid pattern throughout its frequency range, which ensures high gain before feedback while rejecting off-axis noise. This means it’s easier to “aim” the mic at the sound you want to capture, while avoiding pick-up of background or handling noise—with the result that the audio focus is on your voice, with minimal distractions from the audience or other sources.
Included with the SM48 Vocal Cardioid Dynamic Microphone is a stand adapter for perfect and easy setup, as well as a carrying bag for safe transport and storage. It also comes with a shock-mounted cartridge that reduces handling noise and contributes to the mic’s durability, a steel mesh grille, and an integrated pop filter that protects against plosives, breathing, and wind.
More about Shure SM Microphones
Designed for extraordinary performances either live on stage or for recording in the studio, Shure’s SM Microphones Series boasts a decades-long legacy that has made them the industry standard for performing artists and audio engineers. They are characterized by a unique mix of professional audio quality and rugged dependability and are designed to be virtually indestructible to meet the stringent expectations of touring and long-term use. Every member of the SM Series features custom-engineered frequency response curves, delivers enhanced gain-before-feedback, and provides better cut-through in live sound environments.
Shure SM48 Features
- Cardioid pickup pattern rejects off-axis sound and provides superior gain before feedback
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened mid-range and bass rolloff to control proximity effect
- Shock-mounted cartridge for exceptional ruggedness and reduced handling noise
- Built-in "pop" filter that reduces explosive breath sounds and wind noise
- Supplied stand adapter and carrying/storage bag
- Legendary Shure quality and ruggedness
- SM48 Dynamic Microphone1
- A25D Swivel Adapter (with SM48S) / Stand Adapter (with SM48)1
- 26A13 Storage Bag1
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response55 Hz - 14 kHz
- Output Impedance150 Ω
- Sensitivity-57.5 dBV/Pa
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- SeriesShure SM Series Microphones
- Height: 166 mm
- Diameter: 54.2 mm
- Net Weight: 370 g