Part of QSC’s KS Series, the KS212C is a 12” powered subwoofer that offers unparalleled power and performance in a surprisingly compact build. Whether your sound setup is permanently installed or headed out on the road, the KS212C is a great solution. For mobile entertainers, AV production, and rental professionals, as well as modestly sized performance venues, this sub effortlessly manages low frequencies on-stage.
Offering cutting-edge design, this single-box sub provides the benefits of cardioid deployment in a single, compact enclosure. Its innovative features include a 3,600-watt Class D amplifier, as well as dual 12”-long excursion drivers arranged in a sixth-order bandpass chamber. Complex processing is performed by QSC’s latest DSP technology, causing mirrored components to interact at the rear of the enclosure and result in a desirable cancellation. At the same time, the DSP processing interacts at the front of the enclosure to produce equally desirable summation. Together, these factors deliver a cardioid-shaped output pattern, with a staggering 15 dB more output at the front of the cabinet than at the rear.
When it comes to placement, make sure that you position the KS212C at least 20 inches (50 cm) away from the back wall of your stage. If you’re using more than one sub unit, place them at least 20 inches away from each other for best audio results.
Built for confident transportability, this sub boasts a rugged enclosure with ergonomic aluminum handles for easy lifting, as well as four rear-mounted casters that save your back and allow you to roll the sub where it needs to go. KS212C can be stacked in a horizontal orientation, while an M20 threaded pole receptacle accepts a 35 mm pole (sold separately), allowing you to vertically array the sub with full-range loudspeakers.
More about QSC’s KS Powered Subwoofers
The KS series of subwoofers from QSC boast effortless portability, versatile mounting and positioning options, and a plethora of features that ensure your audio sounds its best. Each KS model includes a multi-function digital display that gives you at-a-glance feedback on settings and allow you to make precise adjustments on various functions such as scenes, crossover, and delay.
QSC KS212C Features
- 3600 Watt Class D power module
- Dual 12-inch long excursion drivers; Dual 6th order band-pass design
- 15 dB SPL attenuation front-to-rear
- Two M20 threaded sockets (one on top, one on side) accept 35 mm speaker pole
- Four low-noise, heavy-duty casters
- HxWxD = 24.5x15.5x33.5 inches (622x394x851 mm)
- Net Weight: 40.1 kg (88.5 lbs)
- KS212C 12" Powered Subwoofer1
- ConfigurationDual 6th-order bandpass cardioid subwoofer
- LF Transducer 2 × 305 mm (12 in), cone
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) 44 Hz - 104 Hz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB) 39 Hz - 118 Hz
- Nominal Coverage Angle 180˚ Cardioid (15dB rear rejection @ 70Hz)
- Maximum Rated SPL 132dB @1m, peak
- Class D
- 2 × 1800W (peak)
- Cooling Low-noise, variable speed fan
- Rotary encoder
- 2 × selection buttons
- 2 × Power LED (front and rear)
- Input Signal LED
- Limiter active LED
- 2 × locking XLR/F ¼⁻ᶦⁿᶜʰ combo
- 2 × XLR/M (Loop-thru Output)
- 1 × locking IEC power connector
- AC Power InputUniversal power supply 100 – 240 VAC, 50 – 60 Hz
- AC Power Consumption1/8th power
- Enclosure Details
- Enclosure: 15mm birch plywood
- Color: Black (RAL 9011)
- Grille: Internal woofer cover
- Speaker Dimensions (H×W×D): 24.5×15.5×33.5" (622×394×851 mm)
- Carton Dimensions (H×W×D): 38.2×19.7×26.4" (970×500×670 mm)
- Net Weight: 88.5 lbs (40.1 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 110.3 lbs (50 kg)
- Regulatory: CE, WEEE, UL, CHina RoHS, RoHS II, FCC Class B
- Optional Accessories: KS212C CVR Transport Cover, KS-LOC Lock-Out Cover SP-26 and SP-36 Loudspeaker Poles, SP-16X Extension Pole
- Note Peak SPL is measured on-axis, at 1 meter, using Pink Noise, Crest factor 10 dB unweighted.