The PGA98H from Shure is a versatile condenser instrument clip mic ideal for capturing audio from wind instruments during live performances and in recording studios. This mic’s industrial design boasts a black metallic finish and grille, allowing it to visually blend into any environment.
The PGA98H comes with a built-in preamplifier that uses phantom power and an XLR connection. Its cardioid polar pattern efficiently “aims” at the desired sound source while minimizing the pickup of unwanted noise from the back and sides. The small, flexible gooseneck design of the PGA98H allows it to fit into tight spots, while the horn clamp allows for fast and easy placement.
The PGA98H comes with a TA4F connector for use with wireless bodypack systems. Also included in the box is a zippered pouch for safe transport and secure storage. PGA98H-TQG model uses a TQG connector and does not include a cable. PGA98H-XLR model uses a 3-pin XLR connector and includes an XLR to XLR cable.
More about Shure’s PG Alta Series
The PG ALTA™ (PGA) series of microphones from Shure offers an affordable solution for entry-level or budget-conscious users who need professional-caliber performance. Whether you’re capturing audio live or in a studio, PGA mics are ideal for capturing reliable, accurate audio from nearly any sound source, including vocals, acoustic instruments, drums, and amplified electronic instruments. Designed and constructed with the utmost care, PGA mics are made to last and are built according to the stringent quality and testing standards of all Shure products.
With the PG ALTA™ Microphone family, Shure continues its 90-year tradition of manufacturing audio products of the highest quality and construction. The PG ALTA family delivers rock-solid sound and reliability that sets the bar for accessible, professional-caliber gear for performance and recording.
Shure PGA98H Features
- Tailored microphone cartridge design for clear reproduction of wind instrument sound sources
- Flexible gooseneck design makes accurate positioning quick and easy
- Integrated horn clamp for quick and easy mounting
- Cardioid polar pattern picks up audio from the source while rejecting unwanted noise
- Updated industrial design with black metallic finish and grille for unobtrusive visual presence
- Zipper pouch included for additional protection during storage or transport
- Legendary Shure quality design and construction for exceptional performance in rigorous environments
- Ideal for woodwinds and brass
- PGA98H Cardioid condenser instrument clip microphone1
- Integrated horn clamp1
- Zipper pouch1
- TA4F connector (for use with wireless bodypack systems)1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response60 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance850 Ω
- Sensitivity (at 1kHz, open circuit voltage)-52 dBV/Pa (2.51 mV)
- Max. SPL (1kHz at 1% THD, 1kΩ)130 dB SPL
- Self-Noise (A-weighted, typical)27 dB SPL-A
- Housingcast zinc
- Power Requirements11-52 VDC phantom power (2mA)
- Weight8 oz