Take command of your sound with the VI49 Advanced USB/MIDI Keyboard Controller from Alesis. Designed to effortlessly integrate with your music software, this controller comes with a single USB connection that allows you to plug in directly to your PC or Mac for both power and MIDI functionality. You can also use it to control external MIDI modules, synthesizers, and more with the 5-pin MIDI Out. The VI49’s compact build makes it a powerful, yet portable, MIDI controller that’s ideal for the musician on the go, while also making it an easy addition to any size studio.
The VI49 features an intuitive layout and backlit pads and knobs for real-time visual feedback. Its 49 miniature velocity-sensitive keys are semi-weighted and feature aftertouch, for a realistic playing experience that places control of your sound at the tip of your fingers. You’ll still be able to enjoy the full melodic range using the Octave Up/Down buttons to play bass lines, chords, and melodies.
Use the 16 velocity-sensitive RGB trigger pads for launching clips or finger-drumming, while enjoying instant visual feedback. Pitch and modulation wheels offer even more expressive potential as you play. Adjust effect plugins and virtual instruments from the VI49 itself with 12 assignable knobs and 36 assignable buttons, which lets you open and close filters, adjust volume, activate effects, tweak parameters, and handle all sorts of details that will perfect your performance.
Create and perform right out of the box with VI49’s included software bundle of Ableton Live Lite 9 and Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech. Ableton Live Lite 9 is a fluid audio/MIDI environment that lets you add spontaneity to your sound, whether you’re recording in the studio or playing live at a gig. Meanwhile, Xpand!2 is an advanced virtual instrument with over 2000 premium sounds, ranging from acoustic to synthetic.
Alesis VI49 Features
- 49 full-sized, square-front, semi-weighted keys with aftertouch
- 16 velocity-sensitive trigger pads with illuminated RGB feedback for beat production and clip launching
- 36 assignable buttons and 12 assignable knobs interface with your music software
- Pitch and modulation wheels deliver expressive, creative control
- Seamless visual feedback via LED screen and illuminated buttons and knobs
- USB MIDI and 5-pin MIDI Out offer flexible MIDI connectivity
- USB-powered and plug-and-play support for Mac and PC
- Production software included: Ableton Live Lite and Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech (downloads)
- VI49 Advanced 49-Key USB/MIDI Keyboard Controller1
- USB Cable1
- Ableton Live Lite (Download)1
- Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech (Download)1
- User Guide1
- Safety & Warranty Manual1
- Mac: OS X 10.7, 10.8, or 10.9 (Software Requirements: OS X 10.8 or 10.9)
- PC: Windows 7 or Windows 8; Multicore Processor; 2GB RAM
- Available USB Port