Microphone headsets offer a level of convenience and mobility beyond even most other lavalier options. The headset is easily covered by hair or hats, and the headset mic can be positioned to hover over or rest against your cheek. Using an omnidirectional pattern, this flat-headed microphone capsule is sensitive at all angles, providing extremely natural sound. Since omnidirectional microphones pick up more sound, a foam windscreen is included to add protection. For these reasons and features specifically available in the DPA 4166 d:fine, this wireless headset microphone is perfect for broadcasting, speaking in large lecture halls, and is exceedingly popular with actors from Broadway to your local community theater.
Personal preference is also accounted for with the capability to detach the mic boom from the headset mount and wear on either the left or right. A 110 mm (4.3 inch) boom is included on this headset.
Humidity is often an issue for sound equipment in theaters. This wireless headset mic includes several safeguards against humidity, from a double-vent protection system to a drop stopper on the microphone boom - even the materials inside the mic are water resistant. This wireless microphone headset has a sensitivity of 6 mV/Pa. That sensitivity matches the level of the human voice to the general input sensitivity of most wireless transmitters, allowing the microphone to handle sound pressure levels up to 144 dB before clipping.
Personalize the 4166 d:fine headset microphone by choosing from a variety of available colors, connectors, and earset or headset design. This wireless microphone headset uses CORE technology. CORE uses the same capsule as Legacy, and makes improvents that minimize distorition and significantly expand dynamic range up to 14 dB (capsule dependent).
DPA 4166 Features
- Choose from an earset or headset in a variety of colors and connectors
- Minimal visual impact
- Pristine sound and durability
- Resistant to humidity
- Modular adapter system fits most professional wireless systems
- 2 Year Warranty
- IP 58 Certified
- 4166 d:fine flex omni headworn microphone with 110mm boom1
- Clothing clip1
- Foam windscreen1
- ID rings and cover1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternOmnidirectional
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Rated Output Impedance30-40Ω
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level, A-weightedTyp. 26 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 28 dB(A))
- Equivalent Noise Level, ITU-R BS.468-4typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
- Distortion, THD <1%134 dB SPL RMS, 137 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic Rangetyp. 111 dB
- Max. SPL, THD 10%144 dB SPL peak
- Cable Drive Capabilityup to 300 m (984 ft) with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Output Balance Principlesignal balanced with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- CMRR> 60 dB from 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Power Supply (for full performance)For wireless systems: Min. 5 V - max. 10 V through DPA adapter With DAD6001-BC: P48 (Phantom Power). Will work from 12 V
- Current Consumptiontyp. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
- Cable Length4.3 ft (1.3 m)
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)fully compatible